Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 31st Mar 2008 at 10:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:45 PM by Nysha - Viewed 142695 times. Direct link to this thread
191 Comments / replies (Who?) , 207 times favourited , 990 times thanked
Tags: #HoodReplace, #add, #replace, #delete, #neighborhood, #terrain, #roads, #bridges, #trees, #decorations
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
HoodReplace Version 2.3:
The HoodReplace program will copy any selection of: terrain, roads, bridges, trees and decorations from one Sims 2 neighborhood to another, completely replacing the selected elements from the existing neighborhood.
There is an option to fix the elevation of various elements. Structures, such as lots, will be moved up or down to touch the new terrain. This should reduce problems such as lots flying in the air or disappearing underground. At this time, the elevation of bridges cannot be adjusted.
There is also an option to remove an entire type of structures, such as all trees or all decorations.
Because this program allows you to select which elements to copy, rather than having to copy everything, you can do things which used to be very difficult. For example: you can now add roads to a neighborhood without losing your existing neighborhood trees and decorations.
Version 2.3 adds the option to fix the elevation of roads.
To install, just download HoodReplace.zip and unzip it. Run the EXE from the unzipped location.
This is "alpha" software and is still in development; it is not guaranteed to work and may corrupt your neighborhoods. Be sure to backup your game before using this tool.
I have included the source code for version 2.2 in HoodReplaceSource.zip. There is no need to download this file unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to look at or modify the code.
I left the previous version (PreviousHoodReplace.zip) available, in case there are any unforseen problems. There is no need to download this file.
- The program uses some DLLs from SimPE; they are included in the file.
- HoodReplace is released under the GNU General Public License.
- You need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to run HoodReplace:
- Make sure that you are not running other programs which access your save game, such as the game itself, BodyShop, SimPE, or any other program which modifies the save game.
- Backup your game files.
- Run HoodReplace.EXE and select the "from" and "to" neighborhoods. If your neighborhood is not in the standard location, use the Browse button to select the neighborhood.
- Choose all of the neighborhood elements which you want to replace.
- Choose whether to fix the elevation of each type of element.
- Choose whether to remove all elements of a specific type.
- Click on the Copy button.
Adding Roads to an Existing Neighborhood:
1) HoodReplace has been tested with all EPs and SPs up to and including Mansion and Garden Stuff. It may not work with later EPs and SPs.
2) Even when HoodReplace fixes the elevation, there is a possibility that an element will be partially underground or in the air.
You should be able to resolve many of these issues by moving the objects by hand in the neighborhood view. If problems continue, try repeatedly running HoodReplace and then moving the lots and objects in the neighborhood to adjust their elevation. Each iteration should bring you closer to your desired result.
- The Pleasantview SC4 file which shipped with the game doesn't actually match the Pleasantview neighborhood terrain. If you want to add roads to Pleasantview, you can download Melly_Sim's fixed Pleasantview SC4 file, attached here.
- This program is an enhancement of my tutorial:
Changing the Terrain for an Existing Neighborhood
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Special Download and Install Instructions:
Extract: You must extract all files from the .zip file. I recommend that you create a new folder on your hard drive to hold all of these extracted files. A reasonable location would be in a subfolder of your C:\Program Files directory. I do not recommend that you place these files into your Downloads folder.
Need more information?
#HoodReplace, #add, #replace, #delete, #neighborhood, #terrain, #roads, #bridges, #trees, #decorations