Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 16th Sep 2007 at 8:27 PM - Updated 29th Apr 2011 at 7:44 PM by leesester - Viewed 910442 times. Direct link to this thread
470 Comments / replies (Who?) , 1366 times favourited , 14588 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Well this took me a while, nothing was easy and I needed to teach myself lots of new things - but here they are!
PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING:
- The animations are in a separate package, don't forget to install it in the same folder!
- These should work with any version of the game
- Each stairs style has a left turn and a right turn version, only the left turn version is recolourable, but the right turn version will use the recolours (repository method)
- The stairs will show with the straight staircases; the thumbnails are off-center but I don't think there's anything I can do about it.
- Objects placed under the stairs will be useable; the downside is that sims will walk through it if no object blocks the way. Now this is easily fixable with an invisible fence.
- The animations work for all ages, sims will use only the regular speed and walk style though; I don't want to spend another 2 months making the rest on top of my job... Now, running in spiral stairs would be a really stupid thing to do
- No pets animations: since we can't use the pets models in Milkshape (yet), I just blocked the animations for them; same for ghosts, I have no issue with them just materializing up and downstairs.
- The stairs are stackable, and the bottom tile is in a weird position so it doesn't interfere with doors in stairwells. Still, a door should be placed facing the bottom step or it will always open the wrong way, except on the last level.
- Simple wood stairs without railing, 5 wood colours included in the "left" package
- Wood and iron stairs with railing, 3 wood colours included, and 3 matching fences.
- Concrete square stairs without railing, 4 stucco/stone colours included + 1 reflective marble, and 5 matching fences.
- Death Trap Deluxe, without railing or center post, for your most reckless sims: white, bright green and red recolours included
Policy : NO PAYSITES, NO EXCHANGE - These can be included in lots with a link back here. If you want to clone the stairs, please contact me.
SimpleSpiralStairs-left: 807 vertices, 396 polys
SimpleSpiralStairs-right: 807 vertices, 396 polys
SpiralStairs-Railing-left: 1776 vertices, 1322 polys
SpiralStairs-Railing-right: 1635 vertices, 1322 polys
ConcreteSpiralStairs-left: 704 vertices, 450 polys
ConcreteSpiralStairs-right: 856 vertices, 450 polys
SpiralStairs-DeathTrapDeluxe-left: 2426 vertices, 3976 polys
SpiralStairs-DeathTrapDeluxe-right: 3014 vertices, 3976 polys
spiralstairs-matching-fence: 827 vertices, 328 polys
spiralstairs-matching-fence2: 827 vertices, 328 polys
spiralstairs-matching-fence3: 827 vertices, 328 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence1: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence2: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence3: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence4: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence5: 172 vertices, 158 polys
Biggest thanks to Wes_h for making this possible with all his hard work on the Unimesh and Animesh plugins, to Echo and John Brehaut for their tutorials, and to Quaxi for SimPE!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?
There are 3 recolours of this mesh on MTS2:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by this mesh creator.
Users who thanked this download also thanked: