Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

All-Round Alright ReShade preset (DEPRECATED)

SCREENSHOTS
4,955 Downloads 104 Thanks  Thanks 57 Favourited 49,352 Views
Uploaded: 30th Oct 2016 at 12:22 AM
Updated: 15th Feb 2018 at 10:37 PM by GrijzePilion
MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT VISUALLY ENHANCING THE SIMS 3. SEE THE SECOND HERE.
There's a fair chance that you want your video games to be pretty, and The Sims 3 should absolutely not be the exception to that rule. Those new titles can have advanced lighting effects, and TS3 can too! However, no matter how easy it might sound, configuring those effects can take a very long time. I'd like you to spare yourself the effort, and that's exactly what this preset is for. I've put the last few months into setting up a profile that looks good and works well in all of TS3.
If you post any screenshots with this preset on, I'd love to see them! Just tag me @GrijzePilion on MTS, @ThePisStuff on Simblr, or /u/GrijzePilion on Reddit.

VERSION 2.0 OF THE ReShade TOOL IS REQUIRED, DOWNLOAD IT HERE.

ReShade
Quote:
ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more...ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information and all the tools to make it happen.

You can download the ReShade tool at reshade.me. ReShade is easy to use and only needs to be run once to setup a game. To learn how to use ReShade, follow @alverdine's excellent tutorial, right here on ModTheSims.

Filters

Depth of Field: Because not everything can be in focus all the time. Blurs whatever you're not looking at, and leaves what you are looking at. Makes for beautiful screenshots. If it gets in your way, press the F8 key.

Ambient Occlusion: Adds lovely shading to everything to create a more convincing image without hard edges. Also takes a significant toll on the framerate and bleeds through the UI at times. If it's bothering you too much, try pressing the F6 key.

Motion Blur: Softens the image around quick movement, for nicer transitions between scenes. Takes a small toll on the framerate with fast camera movements, but let's face it - those weren't gonna be smooth anyway.

Depth Haze: Adds a bit of haze to the image, because that's how light actually works in real life. Apparently. It looks convincing, and isn't that good enough?

FXAA: Smoothens jagged edges, since the game itself cannot do that with ReShade enabled. Not as good as the game's built-in anti-aliasing, but close.

Lens Flare: Makes very bright objects emit subtle flares. Those of us with greasy glasses have had this since day 1. Turns out that life is actually a J.J. Abrams movie.

Chromatic Abberation: A thing that you will see when looking through a lens of any sort. This will be awfully familiar to those who've seen a lot of VHS tapes. It's a subtle effect, and at first you might not even notice it's there.

Film Grain: Grain adds a bit of definition to the image. It's thing that cameras tend to do. Your eyes do it too, actually.

Color Correction: Subtle color changes, because The Sims 3 doesn't always get it's colors right. This filter doesn't either, but that's less obvious.

Hotkeys
F6: depth of field
F8: ambient occlusion
F9: motion blur, depth haze, FXAA, lens flare, chromatic abberation, grain
F12: depth overlay

Known issues

Suitable GPUs

Setup
After you've created a profile for The Sims 3 (either TS3.exe or TS3W.exe), extract the .zip archive found in the Presets folder in your main ReShade install directory.

I cannot guarantee that ReShade works as well for you as it does for me

Additional Credits:
Alverdine for the tutorial
Crosire for the tool
All of you for the feedback