Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Ashley Cataline Mirror MESH + 11 recolors *testers needed*

SCREENSHOTS
1,731 Downloads 82 Thanks  Thanks 2 Favourited 14,572 Views
Uploaded: 14th Nov 2006 at 8:37 AM
Updated: 14th Nov 2006 at 9:41 PM - updated with pets friendly file
This is the mirror that goes with my Ashley Cataline dresser (which will be uploaded as soon as I can get some of the bounding mesh and slot function issues worked out). I cloned it from the base game floor mirror. It will hover at countertop height and seems to allow other objects to be placed in front of it. It looks nice as just a wall mirror as well. With the other furniture I uploaded it looks like this.
The objects I currently have to go with it are the ashley cataline bed, ashley cataline end table with doors, and ashley cataline end table with drawers

It is footprinted as a one tile object but actually stretches out a bit into the edges of the tiles on either side of the main tile. I didn't think it was important enough to add more footprints and waste GUIDs. I wanted to keep it simple.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with this! Special Thanks to Windkeeper for helping me get things to line up in the resource node!
I created this with all expansion packs installed prior to Pets.

I have not tested this with just the base game as I already have other expansions installed and my system resources are limited. However, if anyone has any problems with this whatsoever, please let me know.

**NOTE: File without the "pets" suffix has a known issue with Pets expansion! After installing Pets expansion I found that it generated an error when I clicked on this object in the catalog. The error was: Object Error. An error occurred in object "Ashley Cataline Mirror" #368, Error: Transition to node that does not exist. This error ONLY seems to popup with testingcheatsenabled on. If you hit Reset it ignored it and lets the object be placed. If you do not have testingcheats enabled then it seems there is no error message and I haven't seen anything bad happen. It just lets me place the mirror anyways. Because of this I created the version that has "pets" at the end. It did not have the error and I also fixed a problem where the Sims would stand too close to the mirror and lean through it, even when it was against a wall. If anyone has any advice/suggestions, or experiences any other problems please let me know. (I have no life!)**
**EDIT: (Nov 14, 2006 6:05AM) Added the pets friendly version. The recolors will work with it without having to be changed. It has the same GUID. So only download one version. I fixed the issue with Sims leaning their faces through the glass in this one when there was not an object between sims and this mirror.***
**EDIT: (Nov 14, 2006 3:42PM) Fixed the original version to prevent Sims from leaning through the mirror when given the command "Gussy Up". If you downloaded the version prior to this time, please re-download. The new one will overwrite it.**

Recoloring & Distribution policy: Feel free to recolor and share this with others. I would prefer it if it was not put on a paysite because I would like to be able to download all recolors of it, however I am not going to have a hissy if it is put on paysites. I put a lot of hard work into this so please link back to this thread if you do recolors or use the mesh elsewhere. I require external validation to make me feel special. :-)
If you want templates or anything for recolors please let me know. I tried to make my textures simple and idiot label them for myself because I am very forgetful.
You may use this in uploads of homes and such if you wish.
I'm sure other people out there can do better textures than me so go crazy with it. I'd love to see what others can come up with.
-
Additional Thanks to wiseconnect for reminding me about my project and inspiring me to upload my current works. Knowing that people are interested in my work makes me feel special and encourages me. :-)
-
Description of mirror and files:
The mirror is rounded at the top and should fit seamlessly (I hope) with the dresser -- once I get that thing working properly.

Polycount: 316
Price: 150

The mesh file is onyx with gold trim and accents.
*onyxsilver1 is onyx with silver trim and accents.
*malachitegoldmirror has both versions of the malachite mirror with gold accents. the only difference is that one has a black back while the other has the malachite texture.
*malachitesilvermirror has both versions of the malachite mirror with silver accents. the only difference is that one has a black back while the other has the malachite texture.
*lapisgoldmirror has both versions of the lapis mirror with gold accents. the only difference is that one has a black back while the other has the lapis texture.
*lapissilvermirror has both versions of the lapis mirror with silver accents. the only difference is that one has a black back while the other has the lapis texture.
*qrtzgold1 is quartz with gold trim and accents
*woodgld1 is an orangey type wood texture I created with gold trim and accents

(some of the above files have the su_ashcat prefix). If you have any questions, please ask.
--