Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Harry Potter Collection: 4 Hogwarts' Summer Houses

SCREENSHOTS
3,920 Downloads 114 Thanks  Thanks 20 Favourited 28,436 Views
Uploaded: 27th Nov 2007 at 4:51 PM
Updated: 16th Nov 2008 at 1:12 PM - MTS2 House Information Update

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MAGIC: Harry Potter Collection of Lots!

-----------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLLECTION
This set includes both residential and commercial lots. There are a total of 25 download pages (with 34 individual files to download) in this collection.

See my Journal for details and changes about the Harry Potter Collection:
Steph's Journal - http://www.modthesims2.com/member/j...owjournal&j=570

Harry Potter Collection: Hogwarts' Summer Cottages

HOUSE INFORMATION
The Hogwarts' Summer Houses are retreats I created for the Harry Potter Collection. While they do not actually exist in J.K. Rowling's world, I really wanted to have a place for students to get away from troubles at home when Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was not in session. There are 4 houses: 1 representing Slytherin (decorated in green), 1 representing Hufflepuff (decorated in yellow), 1 representing Ravenclaw (decorated in blue) and 1 representing Gryffindor (decorated in red). I imagined the houses being ran by their respective House Ghosts (who would love the idea). When students have trouble they need only say aloud I need help. The house ghost will then send the student an "air" invitation to visit the Summer House. If the student accepts the invitation, they are transported to the Summer House with their clothing armoire and the invitation in tow. If the student rejects the invitation, it self-destructs and there is no memory of ever receiving the invitation. While at the Summer House, each student has a room to sleep in and decorate. Whenever another student accepts an invitation, another room appears on the top of the Guest House behind the main house. (I kept it simple so you can build up easily to add as many rooms as you desire!) A student may remain in the house for a few weeks before returning home. While there, the student works out his/her problem with the help of other students and the House Ghost (who all take this job seriously). When the two weeks have passed, the student is transported back home with only the memory of the solution to his/her problem. The Summer Houses are Hogwart's BIGGEST secret! Great for FRESH Harry Potter stories.

Note: In actuality my Summer Houses will be home to other Hogwarts students who I would like to have in my Harry Potter neighborhood without creating homes for them (like the Parvati twins, Dean Thomas, Cho Chang, Hannah Abbot, Kevin Whitby, Gregory Goyle, etc.)

LOT STATISTICS (FOR EACH SUMMER HOUSE)
RESIDENTIAL LOT / 4 x 3 Lot / Slytherin §172,447 / Hufflepuff §155,387 / Ravenclaw §160,681 / Gryffindor §181,149) / Furnished (Except Bedrooms) / 2 Story Main Building (with Common Room, Eat-in Kitchen, Office, Restroom, Party Room) , 3 Story Guest House (Sitting Room, 2 Bedrooms with idea to build up to add as many as you need) / Swimming Pool with Tanning Area / Barbecue Area / Garden Areas / Pond

OTHER INFORMATION
THANK YOU!
Thank you to the following artists for helping to bring a little "magic" to the Sim World: Dr. Macabre, corvidophile2, Khakidoo, Macarossi, Lethe_s, Tiggerypum, Mia86, mzcynnamon and Targa. Be sure to browse the links at the end of the post for other fabulous downloads by each artist!

UNDECORATED BEDROOMS
I did not decorate the bedrooms because each room should be decorated to fit the person sleeping in it. For instance, I plan to have the Parvati twins "visit" the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor Summer Houses. Each sister will have her own room decorated in Indian style and their favorite colors. Happy decorating!

MESHES FOR BANNERS and SHIELDS
I included the meshes (with permission if needed) for the House Banners and Shields. They are attached to the rear of the Guest Houses. Once you have entered the lot, feel free to remove them. Meshes must be included for the recolors to work!

REDECORATING THE SUMMER HOUSES
Below you will find general information about each Hogwart's House to help you when redecorating:
Slytherin-
Founder: Salazar Slytherin / House Ghost: The Bloody Baron / House Element: Water / House Animal: Serpeant / House Colors: Green and Silver / House Values: ambition, power, cunning, resourcefulness, and pure blood heritage
Hufflepuff-
Founder: Helga Hufflepuff / House Ghost: Fat Friar / House Element: Earth / House Animal: Badger/ House Colors: Canary Yellow and Black / House Values: values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play
Ravenclaw-
Founder: Rowena Ravenclaw / House Ghost: Grey Lady (Helena Ravenclaw: Daughter of Rowena Ravenclaw) / House Element: Air/ House Animal: Eagle (for it's black talons)/ House Colors: Blue and Bronze / House Values: intelligence, creativity, wit, and wisdom
Gryffindor-
Founder: Godric Gryffindor / House Ghost: Nearly Headless Nick / House Element: Fire / House Animal: Lion / House Colors: Scarlet Red and Gold / House Values: courage and chivalry

ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS!
Although the following items are NOT included in the download, I thought they would add a little authenticity to this lot:

The Hogwarts Founders Portraits by sosiles can be found here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=113176

The Ghost Hack by Smonaff can be found here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=202081

The Hogwarts' House Ghosts by Dumbledore's Army can be found here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=145882 in POST #7

MY TEXTURES:
All stephanie b. walls, floors and ground covers included in houses downloaded from MTS2 can be used in lot creations on any free or pay site as long as I receive credit for the textures. Please do not post my textures (walls, floors or groundcovers) or lots on other sites without my permission or reupload them as your own by giving them color face-lifts without giving me credit for the original design. Thank you!

NOT A CARBON COPY:
These lots are creations from my imagination based mainly on excerpts from the books and on-line information. I am basing very little on the movie versions of each place, so don't expect exact replica's of movie versions of the various places in the Magic and Muggle World.

MY VISION FOR HARRY POTTER NEIGHBORHOOD:
My vision for this neighborhood is that the students do not "live" in Hogwarts. I see the school as home to only a few teachers (Dumbledore, McGonagall, Trelawney). Everyone else is spread out in either their family homes or in the Summer Houses.

MY SOURCE:
I used the floorplans found on the Harry Potter Lexicon site as inspiration. For extensive Potter INFORMATION, checkout the HP Lexicon here: www.hp-lexicon.org

MY JOURNAL
Be sure to download the entire Harry Potter Collection of lots here at Mod the Sims 2 (as they appear):
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/StephSim

Enjoy the houses!
Stephanie 2U

Lot Size: 4 x 3 (all 4)

Lot Price:
Slytherin §172,447
Hufflepuff §155,387
Ravenclaw §160,681
Gryffindor §181,149

Custom Content by Me: ( A few in each house)
- Black Granite Wall
- Blue & White Ornate Floor
- Blue Paisley Carpet
- Bold Red Floral Carpet
- Brown & Olive Floral Carpet
- Cape Cod Blue Textured Wall
- Charmed Kitchen 5B
- Gold Trim Blue Paisley Wall
- Gold Trim Blue & White Wall
- Green Striped Wall
- Moss Brick Terrain
- Olive and Brown Floral Wall