Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Egyptian-Inspired Simlish license plates for cars *UPD 25-7-16*

SCREENSHOTS
3,127 Downloads 27 Thanks  Thanks 15 Favourited 15,043 Views
Uploaded: 9th Jul 2016 at 3:08 PM
Updated: 25th Jul 2016 at 1:58 PM - Update with more cars and plate colours
mod updated as of 24-7-2016 with new cars and minor improvements.

Hello MTS! Ever thought how odd it is for Sims in Al-Simhara to drive around with SimCity or Generic Simlish plates on their shiny new custom cars? Ever play Egyptian or Mid-East themed world and thought how odd it is for Sims to have plates that don't match world-type?

Well then I've got a simple solution ... which is "lore-friendly" to some extent.

I present you a new custom license plate which will replace the ones used on several custom content and few EA cars. No longer will your Al-Simhara, Setra, Eastlands or any other similar world feel completely inconsistent from reality. Onto mod details;

This mod acts as texture override, and replaces the IMG resources used by the following cars below. This mod does not contain the original meshes, you will still need to download the original cars from the respective authors sites found here and here. I do not take credit for the cars themselves, only for the license plate texture I created for use in this mod.

The cars marked with (*) have their plate textures updated or are newly included in update. See update 1.01 spoiler for more details if you haven't already.

You may be asking, why didn't I choose many supercars? Because the goal was to choose cars that either are common or have similar-styling to those that are in real-life Egypt. Basically, you don't see a Lamborghini on every corner. Only supercar I gave custom Egypt plate was the Banshee from Understretch Imagination, and reason for that is because it has very 1990's sportscar styling with round-shape, not because of its supercar status. Onto the plate itself;

The plate is based off of real Egyptian plate. It features similar monochrome/silver strip and 3 different colour variations (explained below) and similar font structures. Key difference here though with this texture is that the wording has been changed from Egypt to now read Al-Simhara in both Simlish and Arabic, basically mimicking its real-world counterpart with a bit of Simlish flair. The plate was purposely designed to look dirty and grungy, as being exposed to such climate causes such to happen. The plate also lacks any numbers and letters. Reason for this is to reduce repetition and redundancy. Just like in reality, you won't see two cars with same plate numbers...

In real Egypt different plate colours are used for vehicles of different types these types are:

• RED - used typically for vehicles of large size and/or belonging to commerce. Usually this plate is used on vehicles such as lorries and vans and larger trucks, etc
  • BLUE - used for privately owned 4-wheeled vehicles. The comparison to the real plate above is of this plate colour.
  • LIGHT BLUE - used exclusively for privately owned motorbikes or motorized scooters.

Now that is out of the way, the download is separated into three different archives which contain combined .package files that therein contain the IMG overrides. One for the cars from Fresh-Prince, another for the cars by Understretch Imagination, another for EA and other vehicles. You may choose all or only one of them. To install this mod you must place the .package file(s) of your choosing into your overrides folder. DO NOT place them into your regular packages folder, or otherwise they will not work and will cause conflicts with the textures of the original cars.

If you downloaded before the update, please download again and replace original files to get the updated version.

This mod was created with patch-level 1.63 installed, but should work with any patch level. And again, I do not claim the original cars as mine. So don't even bother trying to claim I did.

~Enjoy the mod,
HarVee.

Additional Credits:
Fresh-Prince Creations for all their fabulous work. Thank you for creating the cars and offering them to the community.
Understretch Imagination for all their fabulous work. Thank you for creating the cars and offering them to the community.
phodede, PhenomIIFX, and Morphead for their fabulous work. Thank you for creating the cars and offering them to the community.
SimLogical and Inge Jones - Thanks to you for S3pe, as without TS3 modding would be very difficult.
Paint.NET thanks to all for the awesome free image-editing program.
GIMP - same as above.
EA for their fantasy-version of Egypt in World Adventures and its Egyptian content as that gave me the idea to create the mod.
Egypt for, well, everything else.