Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Georgian Mini - Basegame, No CC

SCREENSHOTS
262 Downloads 84 Thanks  Thanks 4 Favourited 12,255 Views
Uploaded: 17th Apr 2008 at 1:58 PM
Updated: 20th Feb 2009 at 3:54 AM - removed testing notes, no longer needed.

Description:
This Georgian townhouse combines traditional charm with the convenience of modern living. Priced to attract first-home buyers, this classical gem will not be long on the market.

Outside, the red-brick house retains its original design. The elegant facade is enhanced by a pillared porch with balcony above. Hedges soften the exterior, and keep passers-by out of the back yard.

Indoors, the main floor is completely renovated, although the designers have used blues and creamy yellows to maintain the Georgian atmosphere. The original dining room has been opened out to connect with the foyer, as have the receiving roooms on the other side of the house. A WC has been added on the service landing in the corner, saving traffic up to the first floor, where there is a full bathroom and two bedrooms.

The basement still contains the kitchen, although its facilities have been modernised. There is space for family dining, and a fire alarm is fitted in case of accidents. Daylight filters in, through windows at one end of the room.

The house comes with minimal furnishings, some of which is antique. Although not completely fitted out, the standard of comfort and elegance reflected in the furnishings harks back to the grand old days.

Notes for Testers:

Playtested for five sim-days. The 'live' photo of the basement dates from that time; furnishing in the included lot may differ. To see the actual inclusions, check the aerial pictures.

I used Numenor's unlevelled wall for the front left corner of the basement, so it will cut away to give a good view. If you don't have the custom wall, you can still use the house. Numenor's notes:
Quote:
What happens if I download and install a lot containing custom walls, but I didn't install the custom walls in my game?
In such cases, depending on the game version (base game, UNI, NL...), the game will either:
- Remove completely the missing custom walls, as if they were never built (OFB games and newer), or
- Replace the missing custom walls with the black iron fence from the base game.
The game shouldn't crash, or at least this never happened in my tests.

My lot began as a Maxis 3x2. After building, it was shrunk to 1x1 using a test version of the LotExpander. This current version allows building (before shrinking) to within one tile of the area to be trimmed. After shrinking, the usual two-tile unbuildable border strip applies. This affects the outside edge of this house.

If you want to alter the house, windows and external doors may be changed, moved or added. You may need to use moveobjects. If you want to alter floorcoverings over the basement windows, use the Shift key to alter the entire room. The basement windows have been placed using Moveobjects, and may appear to be filled in. Light will still pass through. You should be able to modify all inside walls since they're perpendicular to the lot edge, but not the outside walls (parallel to the lot edge), foundations, or roof. The front wall of the house can be altered as the lot has not been altered on that side.

See also:
More information for those who are curious about the lot shrinking issues:

Discussion: Lot Size, Orientation, Rotation, etc. -- Research thread @ mts2; the first post has lots of relevant pointers
LotExpander download thread -- only post there with issues related to the tool itself!
7PM crash thread @ MATY (historical; zombify at your own risk)
Tutorial: Building to the edge of a lot (EXPERIMENTAL) -- historical, needs an old version of the LE (not available anymore)

Lot Size: 1x1
Lot Price: 19, 910

Additional Credits:
(basically snitched from Plasticbox) Thanks to Mootilda and the fearless testers who've spent so many hours crashing their games during previous research: Inge Jones, MaryLou, niol, Mutantbunny, Rascal, Simsample, KariMinger/Zazazu, DocDoofus, behold_the_muse, baratron, dizzy, ladykatsim, JMP, ebonyspiral, MadameMim, ikbod, mildlydisguised, Emma, Quinctia and everyone else.

Thanks to Plasticbox for letting me steal various bits of the blurb.