Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

New CAS and CAP animation options

SCREENSHOTS
34,817 Downloads 614 Thanks  Thanks 174 Favourited 122,420 Views
Uploaded: 25th Nov 2012 at 2:26 PM
Updated: 21st Apr 2023 at 6:48 AM - updated info
This mod still works with both updates 1.67 and 1.69.

These have been tested since the recent retirement of the Origin client and the required switchover to the EA app. All of them still work.

To let everyone know, this does still work in all versions of Sims 3 that have been and continue to be updated (as far as I know though, there are no longer updates being released). There will be absolutely no updates that will affect this mod since they are no longer releasing new content for the game. So anyone worried or unsure if it will work in your game, be assured that if you have any version of Sims 3 and it is updated, the mod will still work in it.

New Create-A-Sim and Create-A-Pet animations.

All of these have been tested in my game and seem to work fine. However, if you do run across one of them that isn't working correctly, then let me know and I'll try to see if I missed something in the coding.

Sims (child - elder) will still move when you select species (i.e. werewolf, fairy, ect.) or traits (i.e. Bookworm, Insane, ect.), but the pets will only move when you select traits (i.e. clueless, genius, ect.). I have also noticed, a time or two, when you select the witch species the sound file will play too, even if you have it muted. However that glitch is very very rare.

There are 9 versions, hopefully covering all the bases on whatever option you may want to use.

Version 1: spagtscully_modhum_modpets
Version one has both model poses for the sims and the pets. These are the original model default poses. Sims and pets will not move at all (except in circumstances explained above). The toddler should only sit briefly when you select their species as witch.

Version 2: spagtscully_modhum_posepets
Version two has the model pose for the sims and the picture pose for the animals. Dogs and cats are sitting and horses have their heads tilted slightly to one side. This horse pose only varies slightly from the model pose. Sims and pets will not move at all (except in circumstances explained above). The toddler should only sit briefly when you select their species as witch.

Version 3: spagtscully_modhum_regactpets
Version three has the sims with a model pose and regular actions for animals. Sims will not move at all (except in circumstances explained above). Animals will move like normal. The toddler should only sit briefly when you select their species as witch.

Version 4: spagtscully_posehum_modpets
Version four has the sims with the picture pose and the animals with the model pose. Sims and pets will not move at all (except in circumstances explained above). The toddler should only sit when you select their species as witch.

Version 5: spagtscully_posehum_posepets
Version five has the picture pose for the sims and pets. This is a standard neutral pose with no smiling or shifting. Dogs and cats remain sitting at all times. Horses have their heads tilted slightly to one side. The horse picture pose only varies slightly from the model pose. Sims and pets will not move at all (except in circumstances explained above). The toddler should only sit briefly when you select their species as witch.

Version 6: spagtscully_posehum_regactpets
Version six has the sims with a picture pose and regular actions for animals. Sims will not move at all (except in circumstances warned about above). Animals will move like normal. The toddler should only sit briefly when you select their species as witch.

Version 7: spagtscully_regacthum_modpets
Version seven has the sims acting normal (w/toddler standing) and the animals with the model pose. Animals will not move at all (except in circumstances warned about above). Sims will move like normal. Toddler will sit down briefly when you choose any species. The toddler will take longer to stand up when switched to fairy because it waits for their wings to grow. It happens when switching from human to fairy, but not when you are choosing what type of wings you want.

Version 8: spagtscully_regacthum_posepets
Version eight has the sims acting normal (w/toddler standing) and the animals with the picture pose. Animals will not move at all (except in circumstances warned about above). Sims will move like normal. Toddler will sit down briefly when you choose any species. The toddler will take longer to stand up when switched to fairy because it waits for their wings to grow. It happens when switching from human to fairy, but not when you are choosing what type of wings you want.

Version 9: spagtscully_regacthum_regactpets (Original toddlers can stand)
Version nine is extremely basic. This has regular CAS and CAP actions for both sims and pets, but the toddlers are standing (essentially the original "Toddlers can stand mod" with a new adjusted camera). Toddler will sit down briefly when you choose any species. The toddler will take longer to stand up when switched to fairy because it waits for their wings to grow. It happens when switching from human to fairy, but not when you are choosing what type of wings you want.

These are examples of what the specific poses look like:

Model poses for pets and Humans:

Picture poses for Pets:

Picture poses for humans:

Only install one version
If you decide not to listen (like uselessly putting 2 versions in your game at the same time) and your game crashes, then don't blame me for any issues!

Compatibility:
This mod is Incompatible with any other Mod that change the CAS animations or the CAS camera (including previous versions by myself or jonha). It should be base game compatible.

Still works fine with everything through update v1.67
Works with everything up through Into The Future EP. I tested them all and had no issues. However, if anyone has any issues please check to see if you have any conflicting mods. If that is not the case then let me know what version you are using so I can look at it..

The following resources are used in this mod:
CASCamerasWS (INI, 0x0EA0B25EE03B44A6)
CASCameras (INI, 0xA443A899E326F860)
ingame\sims\soloanims\cas\animation\cas.jazz (JAZZ, 0xD8D5C1186BA97FDC)

It will conflict with any other mod changing the same resources.

Install:
It goes in /Mods/Packages folder

Additional Credits:
Makers of S3PE , SmoothJazz, and jonha for his original PrePets version.