Pets and toddlers on Vacation
Who goes on vacation
- Normally, only humans from child to elder can travel to vacation destinations.
This mod allows to add:
Practically everyone except babies.
- take their household members
- invite pets and toddlers from other families as guest vacationers (provided they're friends)
How they get there
So, a sim has booked vacation and airport shuttle has arrived.
- Grown-up pets get in the van and take a seat.
- Kids and older humans walk with their suitcases and take a seat in the van as well.
- If toddlers, puppies and kittens are free from any containers and can move around, they crawl near the car and poof. Otherwise they disappear from their beds/chairs/person's hands/whatever's holding them. If they can't get near the car for any reason, they just poof. In any case, rugrats will be linked to vacation party and appear at destination with everyone else.
- On arrival, little ones just appear near the airport shuttle after it stops. Everyone else gets out the van through doors, as usual.
- So, just to be clear, there's no animation for getting in and out airport shuttle van for toddlers, puppies and kittens, but they travel as well as others.
What they do
This depends on what your vacation sub-hood has to offer! :P
- If you decide to go on vacation community lot without toddlers, you'll be offered nanny services before you go (even in hotels). Pets don't need nannies.
- This mod can be used with 'Allow puppy kitten toddler riders' mod that allows to go to community lots with little ones. It's not needed for my mod to work, but I recommend it or some similar mod.
- Toddlers and pets don't go on tours. It's not very appropriate for them to get in a helicopter to explore ancient woods or whatever.
- Pets do not receive vacation benefits, even though it looks like you pick them in a dialog. Toddlers do receive them.
- The mod requires either Ultimate Collection or BV + AL/M&G
- Clear game's cache and backup your 'hoods once you installed it and before running the game.
- I tested different situations, but I'm not perfect. If you catch any bugs, please let me know.
- If you've been testing the file from this CFF thread, you can keep it. The difference is I compressed the resources.
- The mod may conflict with other mods that alter the same resources. When in doubt - run HCDU.
Does NOT conflict with:
- df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders (even though HCDU says so. I made sure it's OK)
Tips on building pet & toddler friendly hotels
Keep in mind:
- Sims can't get bottles from mini-fridge (unless modded). They can get toddler mush from it when toddler is in a high chair, though.
- Puppies, kittens and toddlers normally can't use stairs.
- To save space and money, you can put only sleeping items inside paid rooms, and the rest can go in special parenting rooms, play rooms and some kind of pet rooms.
- Don't forget to place vital items for pets and toddlers.
- food bowl
- pet bed or house
- bathtub or shower-tub to bathe dogs
- optional - pet toys and litterbox
- crib or toddler bed
- bathtub or shower-tub
- optional - changing table, high chair, potty chair and toys
Optional downloads that might be useful
- Buy/build mode enabler mod to use inventory even where it's normally not available.
- Allow puppy kitten toddler riders mod to take rugrats to community lots.
- Custom mini-fridge that allows to get bottles: The SupaFridge.
- MoonlightDragons never ending sippy cups (can't find a link).
Pet & toddler friendly vacation lots:
- Dog friendly hotel Rover's Relax by CatherineTCJD
- 3 Lakes - Beach hotel by MyWickedSims
Hope to see more of such lots! Will be filling this list over time.
- The Sims 2
- MTS & wiki
- and I thank Kukamuukaanmuka and CatherineTCJD for giving it a test before I uploaded
All hail Lamare, the great and powerful queen of mods! I am constantly amazed at what you are able to do.
Wow, Lamare, your mods are awesome!
YAY!!! It's up This is a wonderful mod - my puppy went on vacation and had the BEST time ever
EAxis should have made it this way in the first place! Thank you so much for this mod!
I'll get my hotel up asap...
Awesome! Thank you very much for this.
Thank you for such an awesome mod that give our game another level of fun.
Thank you very much for fixing the stupid restrictions that EA applied!
My sims very rarely get to go on vacation, but this makes it a lot more appealing. Thank you Lamare,!
this must be awesome and since in my free time i play The Sims 2 i must try it out but i will have to follow all the instructions for this to work and i am not so good at it but anyway thank you !!!!
Can i please ask you what else you did except downloading this mod ? thank you in advance
@SellaSu, click Install Instructions tab for info on how to install. Basically, you unzip the file and place it in Downloads folder. Make sure you have required expansion packs before downloading.
Thank you all for kind words
I'm so excited about this mod! I've been cheating for a while to "send" pets on vacation, it's great to have a proper mod for it now! :-) Thank you for making and sharing it!
This is freaking fantastic! Thank you for this.
Love it ! Can't understand why Maxis hadn't done it... Thanks !
Great idea, Lamare! It always annoyed me that in Sims (original) pets could go on vacation with their family but in Sims 2 they couldn't, thanks for the fix and happy Simming!
This is wonderful, can't wait to take my toddlers on holidays with the rest of the family!
Thank you! One of my Sims' dogs just aged up to elder, it would be wonderful to take him to vacation.
If this works as I hope it does I may scream loud YAS! This is what I was waiting for
Love this so much! Combined with the toddlers and pets ride and climb stairs mods, it really opens up the world. However, I do notice that toddlers get hungry on outings and then I have to leave. Any way to feed them on community lots other than placing fridges there? I'd rather have buyable toddler food or bottles I can take along. Anyone know of portable toddler food objects? Buyable mush, buyable bottles colored to look like juice?
I think someone made never ending bottle, but I don't remember who and where...
Also, I just saw Charity's post about serving grown up food in another thread:
But yeah, you'd need to place high chair on a lot for that.
I was thinking about making restaurants toddler friendly, but man, it would be so much work. Tempting though.
Thank you so much for this mod it adds so much more to game-play! ooh I love the idea of toddler restaurant friendly mod ( although I known of course it is probably a nightmare as I have no clue what it takes to make a mod-)
@CatOfEvilGenius I use MoonlightDragons never ending sippy cups. You also want the mod to open up inventory everywhere. I pack my parents inventory as if it were a nanpy/diaper bag, with a sleep mat, potty, sippy cup and toy.
Good suggestions, I'll make a list of recommended downloads in main post. Still can't find a link to never ending sippy cups, though, but I'll mention they exist.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:18 PM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.