Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Global Mods (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Pets and toddlers on Vacation (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607108)

Lamare 10th Feb 2018 12:10 PM

Pets and toddlers on Vacation

2 Attachment(s)
Who goes on vacation
- Normally, only humans from child to elder can travel to vacation destinations.
This mod allows to add:
- toddlers
- dogs
- cats
- puppies
- kittens

Practically everyone except babies.
Sims can:
- take their household members
- invite pets and toddlers from other families as guest vacationers (provided they're friends)

How they get there
So, a sim has booked vacation and airport shuttle has arrived.
- Grown-up pets get in the van and take a seat.
- Kids and older humans walk with their suitcases and take a seat in the van as well.
- If toddlers, puppies and kittens are free from any containers and can move around, they crawl near the car and poof. Otherwise they disappear from their beds/chairs/person's hands/whatever's holding them. If they can't get near the car for any reason, they just poof. In any case, rugrats will be linked to vacation party and appear at destination with everyone else.
- On arrival, little ones just appear near the airport shuttle after it stops. Everyone else gets out the van through doors, as usual.
- So, just to be clear, there's no animation for getting in and out airport shuttle van for toddlers, puppies and kittens, but they travel as well as others.

What they do
This depends on what your vacation sub-hood has to offer! :P
- If you decide to go on vacation community lot without toddlers, you'll be offered nanny services before you go (even in hotels). Pets don't need nannies.
- This mod can be used with 'Allow puppy kitten toddler riders' mod that allows to go to community lots with little ones. It's not needed for my mod to work, but I recommend it or some similar mod.
- Toddlers and pets don't go on tours. It's not very appropriate for them to get in a helicopter to explore ancient woods or whatever.
- Pets do not receive vacation benefits, even though it looks like you pick them in a dialog. Toddlers do receive them.

Important stuff
- The mod requires either Ultimate Collection or BV + AL/M&G
- Clear game's cache and backup your 'hoods once you installed it and before running the game.
- I tested different situations, but I'm not perfect. If you catch any bugs, please let me know.
- If you've been testing the file from this CFF thread, you can keep it. The difference is I compressed the resources.
- The mod may conflict with other mods that alter the same resources. When in doubt - run HCDU.
Does NOT conflict with:
- df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders (even though HCDU says so. I made sure it's OK)

Tips on building pet & toddler friendly hotels
Keep in mind:
- Sims can't get bottles from mini-fridge (unless modded). They can get toddler mush from it when toddler is in a high chair, though.
- Puppies, kittens and toddlers normally can't use stairs.
- To save space and money, you can put only sleeping items inside paid rooms, and the rest can go in special parenting rooms, play rooms and some kind of pet rooms.
- Don't forget to place vital items for pets and toddlers.
Pets:
- food bowl
- pet bed or house
- bathtub or shower-tub to bathe dogs
- optional - pet toys and litterbox
Toddlers:
- crib or toddler bed
- fridge
- bathtub or shower-tub
- optional - changing table, high chair, potty chair and toys

Optional downloads that might be useful
- Buy/build mode enabler mod to use inventory even where it's normally not available.
- Allow puppy kitten toddler riders mod to take rugrats to community lots.
- Custom mini-fridge that allows to get bottles: The SupaFridge.
- MoonlightDragons never ending sippy cups (can't find a link).
Pet & toddler friendly vacation lots:
- Dog friendly hotel Rover's Relax by CatherineTCJD
- 3 Lakes - Beach hotel by MyWickedSims
Hope to see more of such lots! Will be filling this list over time.

Additional Credits:
- The Sims 2
- SimPE
- Photoshop
- MTS & wiki
- and I thank Kukamuukaanmuka and CatherineTCJD for giving it a test before I uploaded

smorbie1 10th Feb 2018 1:36 PM

All hail Lamare, the great and powerful queen of mods! I am constantly amazed at what you are able to do.

Meduza 10th Feb 2018 1:36 PM

Wow, Lamare, your mods are awesome!

CatherineTCJD 10th Feb 2018 4:01 PM

YAY!!! It's up This is a wonderful mod - my puppy went on vacation and had the BEST time ever
EAxis should have made it this way in the first place! Thank you so much for this mod!
I'll get my hotel up asap...

Jules1111 10th Feb 2018 8:55 PM

Awesome! Thank you very much for this.

LilSister 10th Feb 2018 9:49 PM

Thank you for such an awesome mod that give our game another level of fun.

ZeusSims 11th Feb 2018 12:46 AM

Thank you very much for fixing the stupid restrictions that EA applied!

Woolysmurf 11th Feb 2018 10:33 AM

My sims very rarely get to go on vacation, but this makes it a lot more appealing. Thank you Lamare,!

SellaSu 11th Feb 2018 11:57 AM

this must be awesome and since in my free time i play The Sims 2 i must try it out but i will have to follow all the instructions for this to work and i am not so good at it but anyway thank you !!!!

SellaSu 11th Feb 2018 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineTCJD
YAY!!! It's up This is a wonderful mod - my puppy went on vacation and had the BEST time ever
EAxis should have made it this way in the first place! Thank you so much for this mod!
I'll get my hotel up asap...

Can i please ask you what else you did except downloading this mod ? thank you in advance

Lamare 11th Feb 2018 1:32 PM

@SellaSu, click Install Instructions tab for info on how to install. Basically, you unzip the file and place it in Downloads folder. Make sure you have required expansion packs before downloading.

Thank you all for kind words

SellaSu 11th Feb 2018 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
@SellaSu, click Install Instructions tab for info on how to install. Basically, you unzip the file and place it in Downloads folder. Make sure you have required expansion packs before downloading.

Thank you all for kind words

thank you

lauratje86 11th Feb 2018 3:29 PM

I'm so excited about this mod! I've been cheating for a while to "send" pets on vacation, it's great to have a proper mod for it now! :-) Thank you for making and sharing it!

PenelopeT 11th Feb 2018 3:32 PM

This is freaking fantastic! Thank you for this.

ankoyume 11th Feb 2018 6:00 PM

Love it ! Can't understand why Maxis hadn't done it... Thanks !

greywolf3 11th Feb 2018 6:50 PM

Great idea, Lamare! It always annoyed me that in Sims (original) pets could go on vacation with their family but in Sims 2 they couldn't, thanks for the fix and happy Simming!

joandsarah77 11th Feb 2018 10:52 PM

This is wonderful, can't wait to take my toddlers on holidays with the rest of the family!

legacyoffailures 12th Feb 2018 5:33 PM

Thank you! One of my Sims' dogs just aged up to elder, it would be wonderful to take him to vacation.

jengelbart 12th Feb 2018 8:52 PM

If this works as I hope it does I may scream loud YAS! This is what I was waiting for

CatOfEvilGenius 13th Feb 2018 5:40 AM

Love this so much! Combined with the toddlers and pets ride and climb stairs mods, it really opens up the world. However, I do notice that toddlers get hungry on outings and then I have to leave. Any way to feed them on community lots other than placing fridges there? I'd rather have buyable toddler food or bottles I can take along. Anyone know of portable toddler food objects? Buyable mush, buyable bottles colored to look like juice?

Lamare 13th Feb 2018 11:44 AM

I think someone made never ending bottle, but I don't remember who and where...

Also, I just saw Charity's post about serving grown up food in another thread:
Quote:
If a toddler is in the high chair when it's served then they'll get a serving and it will turn into mush.

But yeah, you'd need to place high chair on a lot for that.

I was thinking about making restaurants toddler friendly, but man, it would be so much work. Tempting though.

sparky1922 13th Feb 2018 8:26 PM

Thank you so much for this mod it adds so much more to game-play! ooh I love the idea of toddler restaurant friendly mod ( although I known of course it is probably a nightmare as I have no clue what it takes to make a mod-)

ChuckyismyManbro 17th Feb 2018 2:54 AM

thank u!

joandsarah77 17th Feb 2018 3:51 AM

@CatOfEvilGenius I use MoonlightDragons never ending sippy cups. You also want the mod to open up inventory everywhere. I pack my parents inventory as if it were a nanpy/diaper bag, with a sleep mat, potty, sippy cup and toy.

Lamare 17th Feb 2018 5:12 PM

Good suggestions, I'll make a list of recommended downloads in main post. Still can't find a link to never ending sippy cups, though, but I'll mention they exist.