Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 30th Oct 2018 at 9:13 PM - Updated 3rd Nov 2018 at 9:19 PM by CroNor : Typos and tags... - Viewed 25546 times. Direct link to this thread
67 Comments / replies (Who?) , 147 times favourited , 217 times thanked
Tags: #Science Fiction, #Cyberpunk, #world, #island, #hazardous, #pollution, #Death Star, #grimy, #future, #dystopian, #dystopia, #sci-fi
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Welcome to Cronor
...the beautiful forest, mountain meadows and crystal clear lakes invite you to hours of walking. Majestic trees and a rich variety of beautiful and rare flowers make the area most attractive for nature lovers and families alike... Agreed, this is not something you would write in an advertisement about Cronor. But if you enjoy greenery you might like the local water. Why would someone visit such a dreary place voluntarily anyway? Well, it's the very kingdom of science with several breakthroughs in various fields of research. Some other breakthroughs, too, but we don't want to talk about them right now. But scientific progress with it's advantages is not the only thing you will find in Cronor. Except for the obvious lack of nature Cronor has everything you could possibly need. Or don't need right now. It seems Interstellar Police don't have such a keen eye on this place. Or maybe it's that your travel pass has expired and you just can't get the local authorities to renew it. So whatever reason you have to be here, welcome to Cronor!
Size: 1024x1024 - medium
World Type: Base (suburban)
Number of community lots: 17 (plus 2 rabbitholes off-lot)
Number of residental lots: 14
File size: ca. 52 MB
Number of layers: 9 plus Global Layer
Number of terrain textures: 21, on some chunks we used more than the recommended 8 per chunk but that shouldn’t be a problem
Most parts of the islands are routable, only steep slopes are not accessible for sims. Non-camera routing was not applied. Due to recent instabilities Cronor Council strongly advises not to leave your cars while on Cronor Crescent. (In fact, we made the area unroutable except for the road to keep your sims away from the hazardous stuff!)
If you enjoy playing a gardener then Cronor will be a new challenge. Due to the nature of the world and the small size there are only very few spawners. Maybe take that space ferry and do frequent trips to other planets?
Required Expansions: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Seasons, Showtime, University Life, Into the Future
No store content, no Stuff Packs required
Built on patch level: 1.67.2.024
- Jynx’ rabbithole rugs (pets fixed) for stadium, business, journalism, hospital, spa, science, movie theater, bookstore, grocery, police, military, school from here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=552847, post #6, you only need the basegame ones
- Misty’s rabbithole rugs for bistro (Naughty Sims Asylum, reqistration required) and the Stellar observatory (Sims3legacies: Into The Future Rabbit Hole Rugs)
Many of the community lots are combo lots with a specific lot type (e.g. Salon) and a rabbithole rug. The RH rugs overwrite the lot type map tags in these cases. The lots work fine, the specific lot map tags just do not show in map view. If that bothers you this will help: map tag fixes by Don Babilon http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=614360.
Things to note about Cronor
A huge Thank You! to Simsmidgen (Simsmidgen.tumblr.com) and attuned for helping and testing and support! Also to Architectural-sims (architectural-sims.tumblr.com), City-Mouse (https://city-mouse.tumblr.com), Dylan-Walsh-Sim (http://dylan-walsh-sim.tumblr.com/), Gaiahypothesims (http://gaiahypothesims.tumblr.com), Maramaja06 (maramaja06.tumblr.com), Mpartsbuilds (mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com) and Nocturnalazure (nocturnalazure.tumblr.com) who tested the world.
Simsmidgen for the wonderful furnishing of the Blue Note and the Rise and Fall.
RamboRocky90 for allowing the use of his fantastic tower as a base: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...use/id/1267208/
Decorator's Best Friend by misukisu: http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/...est-friend.html
NRaas Debug Enabler: https://www.nraas.net/community/DebugEnabler
Velocitygrass' stencil remover: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478307
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#Science Fiction, #Cyberpunk, #world, #island, #hazardous, #pollution, #Death Star, #grimy, #future, #dystopian, #dystopia, #sci-fi