Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 28th Sep 2018 at 9:32 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2018 at 1:42 AM by M4BCreators : Search tags added - Viewed 14538 times. Direct link to this thread
27 Comments / replies (Who?) , 28 times favourited , 61 times thanked
Tags: #Petlandia, #Pets, #Map, #Neighborhood, #World, #Island, #M4BCreators, #MentoringforBuilders, #Small Town
After the fairies’ magical duel, everyone flourished in Petlandia. Some say it’s still a magical place to live where Petlandiers care for pets of all kinds. Petlandia residents built a village with homes, a school, and businesses. Talented crafters paid special attention to areas for pets and their families. Some ancient dwellings remain even today. Will your sims and their pets live happily ever after in Petlandia Village?
Petlandia Village is a quaint place with everything Petlandiers need - a civic center, hometown hospital and research center, shops, businesses, a village school, and plenty of family and pet friendly homes of many sizes. A number of homes are starter priced. There are even some apartments.
Petlandia Village was a collaborative effort by M4BCreators. The village and lots were built with base game and Pets EP items only. It has no CC or items from other EPs or stuff packs. Many of the roads and sidewalks are "grass" to help maintain the look of the cat's and dog's "collars" and the cat's "stripes". The fishing spot is in the dog's ear and the beach is at the tip of the cat's tail. Routing should accommodate wild horses. Or, players can turn off wild horses in game options.
All Petlandia Village lots were built or revised by M4BCreators specifically for the village. Watch for future uploads of specialty expansion pack lots built by members especially for Petlandia Village.
Petlandia Village is the latest group project by M4BCreators, a collection of simmers who build in TS2, TS3, and TS4. Group members include novice builders, experienced builders, and everything in between. We share WIPs, tricks and techniques, and are here to lend a helping hand or appraising eye. If you love to build, check out our group: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587151.
Screenshots of Petlandia Village in CAW and in game.
Petlandia Village in CAW
Petlandia Village in Game
Petlandia Village with Lot Designations
Petlandia Village is NOT populated.
There is no Custom Content in Petlandia Village. (World checked with CUSTARD.) Care was taken to use only base game and Pets items.
Petlandia Village Requirements: Only base game and Pets are required for Petlandia Village. Streetlights, some décor items, and some spawners would be absent if player does not have Pets. The effect on playability is unknown.
Petlandia Village Lots:
44 lots total - 24 Residential & 20 Community.
Petlandia Village Lots:
We want to thank all of the amazing builders, from Mentoring4Builders, who helped bring Petlandia Village to Life:
MTS modders for CAW Resources.
All the Mentoring for Builders and M4BCreators members for contributing/decorating lots.
Thanks to Huge Lunatic and spladoum for upload help and Don Babilon and Butterbot for advice
Thank you so very much to SimmyRN for creating this fantastic world, and attuned and Norn for play testing, screenshots and feedback for Petlandia Village.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#Petlandia, #Pets, #Map, #Neighborhood, #World, #Island, #M4BCreators, #MentoringforBuilders, #Small Town