Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 21st Aug 2018 at 1:51 PM - Updated 22nd Aug 2018 at 3:38 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 1 - Viewed 15755 times. Direct link to this thread
20 Comments / replies (Who?) , 46 times favourited , 190 times thanked
Tags: #OFB, #Bon, #Voyage, #Open, #for, #Business, #Massage, #Table, #Purchase, #Fix, #Fixed, #Job, #Shopping
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
- Maxis did not add any text for the Get Back to Work interaction if the employee's current assignment is masseur/masseuse. In fact, before this update, you could perform the Get Back to Work Making Food interaction on the masseur/masseuse, because the job assignment ID of being a masseur/masseuse matches the action string for the Get Back to Work Making Food interaction. This update fixes that by adding the missing action string text Get Back to Work as Masseur/Masseuse by modifying the Person Globals action string STR resource.
- I also found that Maxis did not add any Current Assignment text for the Assign>Make/Make Many interaction that came with OFB. This is why if you assign an employee to make food, their current assignment does not say anything, because there is no text for that. You can add the missing text by following the instructions that I gave in the original description, but instead of modifying line 0x10, you should modify line 0xF. I personally added the text "Make Food" for both genders.
The massage table was supposed to have OFB features so that the player could open a massage business. The idea seems to have been scrapped. The majority of the code that has to do with purchasing a massage is unfinished. This mod fixes all of the problems with the massage table, so that you can open a massage business.
The way it works is like this: you hire an employee and assign them as a masseur/masseuse on the massage table. Customers who arrive on your lot will autonomously purchase a massage from those massage tables that have an assigned masseur/masseuse. There are some conditions that customers should meet in order to autonomously purchase a massage:
- Customer's comfort motive cannot be 90 or higher.
- Customer's Hunger/Hygiene-Water/Bladder/Energy can't be -30 or lower. Customer's Mood can't be -15 or lower.
- The more expensive the massage table, the less likely sims will be to purchase a massage.
- If the masseur/masseuse has learnt the unique massage types by going on vacation, then sims can also purchase them.
There are some extra things this mod does that don't directly have anything to do with the massage table:
- Mrs. Crumplebottom has a feature where she scolds sims for being in their swimwear, underwear or being naked. This entire feature is not properly coded. Crumplebottom can scold sims who are in a different room than her, even if they are multiple floors above her. This mod makes it so that Crumplebottom can only scold sims if they are in the same room as her. The reason this is relevant to the massage table is because when sims switch to their towel, Crumplebottom scolds them.
- The Manager AI, which the manager of a business runs when told to Mind the Store, and the business owner runs when they are uncontrollable, likes reassigning employees. The Manager AI particularly likes reassigning employees who are assigned as a masseur/masseuse, because the game considers that sim to be unassigned. The Manager AI thinks the employee would be more useful if they were doing anything other than being a masseur/masseuse, so this mod prevents the Manager AI from reassigning an employee if that employee is currently a masseur/masseuse, so that you can actually visit an OFB business and get a massage.
Finally, you may have realized that Maxis did not bother adding any UI Text for the Masseur/Masseuse OFB job assignment. If you assign an employee to a massage table, you will see that their Current Assignment on the Business panel doesn't say anything, even though the sim does have a current assignment. In order to add the text, you need to modify the Live.package file found in the Text folder in your installation folder of your most recent EP/M&G. I believe many people already have a Live.package file in their Downloads folder, because they have townie/pet naming mods. If you do have a mod like this, then you need to extract the Job Assignments and Job Assignments (female) resources from the Live.package file in your installation folder, and add them to the Live.package file in your Downloads folder. Then change the empty text for line 0x10 to Masseur for the Job Assignments resource, and to Masseuse for the Job Assignments (female) resource. If you are playing the game in another language, just change the language from the drop-down menu and then translate the texts.
You need the latest version of or to get this mod.
Requirements: OFB and Bon Voyage.
Resources: Check the images.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?
#OFB, #Bon, #Voyage, #Open, #for, #Business, #Massage, #Table, #Purchase, #Fix, #Fixed, #Job, #Shopping