Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 24th Jun 2018 at 10:46 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2018 at 7:54 PM by Nyx - Viewed 27735 times. Direct link to this thread
31 Comments / replies (Who?) , 89 times favourited , 193 times thanked
Although I can't give ya'all any "big" mods (Except for the last one I made, not this one), I said to myself "Heck! I really don't want to forget all I've learned!" And so, I made a small and simple mod.
So, let's talk about the trait:
With this trait, your sims will gain some special abilities based on the new supernatural interaction inserted in the new Expansion pack "Seasons".
They aren't gonna have anything special on their appearence, no tattoos, no electricity around them (unless you perform an interaction that we're going to look at), etc. The only things that are unique, are
How to be an ElectromaniacFor now, the only way to be an electromaniac is to select the trait from CAS. In the future I'll put a method to become one.
You can find it in the Lifestyle category.
Electromaniacs are going to have some special abilities, they can:
- "Bring the Lightning": Same as the interaction present in the expansion pack. You'll need to click the ground (outside your or any house) and then click "Bring the Lightning". They will "throw" some electric energy in the sky and then a lightning will be spawned.
- "Lightning Strike" : Your sim can throw lightnings at other sims, leaving them in a state of confusion for 4 hours. The victim will receive the "Struck by Lightning" (+40 dazed) buff which lasts 3/4 hours. In this state though, they can prove to be an easy prey for death, since there's an increased chance that they'll die by electrocution. This interaction will slightly decrease your energy need. This interaction can be performed inside a house.
- "Electric Charge": Feeling tired? Then throw a lightning bolt at your self! This will give them the "Electric Charge!" (+4 energized) buff which lasts 4 hours. This buff will surround your sim of electricity and will continuously increase your sim's energy, so they can strike lightnings without feeling tired. They will also have a new interaction. This interaction can be performed inside a house.
- "Powerful Lightning Strike!" : Interaction available only when you have the "Electric Charge!" buff. Unlike the "Lightning Strike" interaction this one is dangerous to other sims. A single strike and the victim is dead. Once you clicked on this interaction, the "Electric Charge!" buff will disappear, and you'll need to recharge again to do it again. This interaction can be performed inside a house.
Known Bugs (READ)
- You need your victim to be still, in order to do the "Lightning Strike" correctly.
- The "Powerful Lightning Strike!" interaction works only with family members (for now).
- After they have strucken a lightning on a sim, they might be afraid of it and they could run inside their house.
- Vampires and Aliens aren't supposed to become electromaniacs, this will be fixed in the future.
This mod uses the following resource and may conflict with other mods that use it:
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 220.127.116.11
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?