Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 20th Jun 2018 at 1:40 AM - Updated 7th Sep 2018 at 2:39 PM by billielith - Viewed 4525 times. Direct link to this thread
8 Comments / replies (Who?) , 3 times favourited , 11 times thanked
Tags: #Undertale, #Custom Radio Station, #Radio Station, #videogame music, #video game music, #Toby Fox
UNDERTALE - RADIO STATION
As some of you might know, I am a huge fan of 8-bit and 16-bit videogames. Those games were created in 2D (not 3D) and with limited graphics and special effects. To everyone's surprise, even in our modern age of hi-res technology, some of those games are special enough to not need bells and whistles to retain attention - they are fantastic in other ways. UNDERTALE IS ONE OF THOSE AMAZING, MEMORABLE GAMES, because of its complexity and the quality of its storyline.
Today, I am NOT bringing you Undertale's storyline though - I am bringing you its AMAZING, FANTASTIC MUSIC!
FOR YOUR SIM HOUSES
WHAT IS IT?
It's a new radio station. It's a Global Mod which adds new stuff to your game.
It will be useful to you if you're a fan of Undertale or if you like great videogame music.
ESSENTIAL RESOURCES ONLY
You get the music, the playlist and the folders to place it correctly. Isn't that great?
Well, it's a new Custom Radio Station. You and your sims get new music to listen to.
My mod adds new content to the game. It doesn't conflict with anything. Even if you made other Custom Radio stations before, it won't erase them, it will add a new one to them.
RANDOM PERSON ON THE PICTURES
Well that is me, dressed as Sans the Skeleton for a previous Halloween. Sans is an important character in Undertale.
How to install your new Radio Station
*** You need Freetime.
1) Pick the group(s) of songs you are interested in
2) Unzip the zips! Put the folder which was in the zips in your My Documents folder. It contains an EA Games folder which should be put where your current one is.
3) Your computer should ask if you wish to MERGE both folders - SAY YES. By saying yes, your computer will copy the songs in the proper place in your Sims 2/Music folder.
4) If you download many zips, your computer will ask if you wish to overwrite a file called customstation.xml - SAY YES, this is the playlist. It will add the custom radio station to your game. If you install all the playlists of this set on top of each other, it doesn't matter because they all contain the same information. If, for any reason, you lose the playlist, and don't know how to make it again, redownload it and place it in your My Documents folder again.
5) IT'S READY! You can now hear your new UNDERTALE radio station either in the Audio settings or - better! - from a sim's radio.
6) The playlist goes by the order in which those musics are heard while playing Undertale. If you downloaded them all, Flowey's music will be the first one.
I hope you enjoy this. Have fun!
*** Sorry if you don't have Freetime!
I tried MTS's tutorial on making radio stations compatible with the Basegame but it didn't work. Fortunately, Freetime still makes this possible.
All the music included in this upload was written by Toby Fox, who was kind enough to offer me permission to share it with you here. All rights reserved.
DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE TOBY FOX'S MUSIC!! It is high quality copyrighted material. I had permission from his manager to use it for this set only (I joined proof). Please understand and respect him and his amazing work!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?