Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 9th Jun 2018 at 10:34 PM - Updated 19th Jun 2018 at 8:01 PM by Floraflora2 - Viewed 33945 times. Direct link to this thread
27 Comments / replies (Who?) , 36 times favourited , 92 times thanked
Tags: #vintage, #retro, #1930s, #fire station, #junkyard, #bistro, #diner, #service station, #historical
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
These small community lots are all disguised as gas stations from the pre-WW2 period, built in art deco style, and two of them are based on still existing filler stations in Texas and Pennsylvania. I built them for my vintage '40s savegame, so you can't find TV or any high-tech objects on them, but the interiors are all small, easily and quickly refurnishable, and also the lot assignment is very flexible, as well - either of them can be changed into some other type of store or service lot, depending on what you need in your town.
SouthWestern Gas and Cafe (20 x 25) - Local Watering Hole (LN bar)
Based on a real-life former gas station built in 1936, Shamrock, Texas, by the Route 66. Furnished as a small Late Night bar (my active sim needed a place where she can start to moonlight Mixology). Can be quickly refurnished into some other type of eatery. Jukebox and pinball (skee ball) machines.
Furnished: 76,979 - Unfurnished: 31,890
Scott's Garage (20 x 20) - Fire Station (AMB)
Based on the real-life still operating gas station in Bedford, Pennsylvania, built around 1933. Furnished as a functional fire station, with fire truck, two alarms, and some amenities to spend the time with (chin-up bar, mini fridge, bookcase, vinyl player). No beds, but toilets, shower and coffee. Easy to refurnish / re-set, but be careful when you touch the walls because the whole 1st floor is heightened by CFE (taller than default), so if you want to move the walls, they'll become distorted if you don't level them with CFE.
Furnished: 48,565 - Unfurnished: 25,262
Murphy's Motors (20 x 20) - Junkyard (AMB)
Influenced by an art deco station I saw in the LA Noire videogame (I haven't found the original real-life version). Decorated as Junkyard and metal scrap yard, with two piles of metal trash, two junkyard spawner, and a small office. Be warned, when you place the lot in your map, each time you rotate it, the spawners will duplicate, so after accepting the final position, it's advisable to open it in Build mode, enabling the "testingcheatsenabled true" and the "buydebug on' cheat and delete all those spawners that you don't need / too many. Don't forget to close the cheats.
Furnished: 35,364 - Unfurnished: 12,559
All of them have been playtested.
To look exactly like this in your game, you need for all the three lots:
- 1 piece of CC: BlooMbLURR' Vintage Gas pump, not included, can be downloaded from TSR TheSimsResource
However, if you already have a retro pump in your game, it's pointless to get this; just ignore this CC, delete the proxy object that the game replaces it with, and you can use your own gas pump.
- Roaring Heights (standard version) installed (plenty of stuff from RH on all lots!)
- EPs: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise.
No Stuff Packs needed (Fast Lane Stuff is NOT used here!)
Lot Size: 20x20
Lot Price (furnished): 76,979
Lot Price (unfurnished): 31,890
- to Rockstar Games for the charming vintage gas stations art design in L.A. Noire
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.67.2
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!