Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 27th Mar 2018 at 4:49 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2018 at 7:33 PM by Tashiketh - Viewed 15453 times. Direct link to this thread
27 Comments / replies (Who?) , 86 times favourited , 203 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
Have you start hating on EA's current pet beds and you ever wonder why they don't work well with your modern-y interior?... Neither have I! But, because I didn't like EA's pillow pet beds as much these days after all these years I figured 'hey let's make some new ones!'.
After a month of meshing my butt off and having my brain not to make more props, I am finally releasing these pet beds!
Infomation - Pet beds
Infomation - Props
The cool techy bits that no one cares about!
First of all it needs Pets to work The blankets and the rugs would show up as they are base game compatible, but the pet beds won't if you don't have pets installed! It's also made with patch 1.67 if curious.
The rugs can be used as... well rugs! And the cool bit is, is the fact that they snap onto the pet bed!:
See! Snapidy snap snap! :D
Unfortunately the blankets don't do this. However, you do need to use the cheat 'moveobjects on' in order to get them onto the bed.
Unfortunately there was one thing I couldn't fix which is the fact that the dog will bleed through the pet bed when getting on, yet does snap onto the right height when laying down. So the dog only will look a bit off when stepping on/off the pet bed! The reason is that if I were to make a fix for this, it would automatically replace the original pet bed animations as well :/
Everything is hand drawn (and Blender baked) except for the cow hide. I got that from the internet though (See Texture Credits) The other rug is a conversion from ts4.
Cuero-de-vaca-atigrado by Martinezrosario on Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...a-atigrado-.jpg
Pet bed small 1:
Pet bed big 1:
Pet bed small 2:
Pet bed big 2:
Pet bed small 3:
Pet bed big 3:
Pet bed small 4:
Pet bed blanket prop Small 1:
Pet bed blanket prop Big 1:
Pet bed blanket prop Big (rug):
Pet bed blanket prop Small (rug):
Pet bed blanket prop small 2:
Pet bed blanket prop Big 2:
Pet bed blanket prop small 3:
Pet bed blanket prop big 3:
Pet bed blanket prop small 4:
Pet bed blanket prop big 4:
- The people in MTS discord chat
- - - TSRW
And everyone looking for what the cat is wearing... Cone by the amazing Mspoodle: http://mspoodleplus.tumblr.com/post...pet-project-ts4
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: