Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 14th Nov 2017 at 6:51 PM - Updated 1st Mar 2019 at 3:33 PM by heaven - Viewed 8281 times. Direct link to this thread
23 Comments / replies (Who?) , 33 times favourited , 168 times thanked
As everyone who knows me knows, I loathe incomplete sets. The paneled wall set that came with Ambitions is nice, but I often found it unusable because it lacked a matching wall that did not have the inner bevels. The middle piece had lines that didn't match up with anything and the base game dado wall that should have matched has a very different bump map/normal mask making the shadows and highlights completely different. Sick of constantly trying to use the panels only to throw my hands up in disgust and switch choices, I decided to make a little addon that will, hopefully, make that paneled set more useful.
Like its brethren, you can find this wall in Wall Sets, for §10. It comes in the same 3 presets as the originals. It only has 2 channels: the wall, and the moulding.
Wall Fixes by Buckley
APWall Classic by AdonisPluto
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: