Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 7:41 PM - Viewed 18295 times. Direct link to this thread
11 Comments / replies (Who?) , 60 times favourited , 201 times thanked
Tags: #Camisole, #dress, #camisole dress, #lace, #sleepwear, #everyday, #formal wear, #clothes, #clothing, ##themeMaB, #themeMaB
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
As summer approaches, dresses are usually the one priority thing I think of when making CC, because... Dresses! And in this case, Camisole dresses! Now why Camisole dresses you may think?... To be really honest, I have no idea, but I do this camisole dresses are quite comfortable and would make great nightgowns as well! And, since it's also maternity compatible, I thought it would make a great addition to the Maternity and beyond theme
But I'll stop the boring rambling about Camisole dresses, and let's move to the more exciting part!
The set itself
The set itself looks quite huge, but actually it's just a very unlimited variety of texture edits used on the mesh itself. So basically, there are only 6 meshes, but over 12 different variations! And the meshes itself are just differences in length of the skirt itself So plenty to choose from! I also uploaded those files separately, so say you only want to no lace and no shirt version, you can easily get those! Or, if you feel like it, get the all version which is basically an 'all-in-one' package!
By default, they also come with 3 different presets, as shown in the images!
The technical bits!
We all gotta love the technical bits... anyways! Let's start off with the easy information:
The channels differ a little depending on the camisole dress as shown in the images. They do go up to 3 channels though! They cover up either the: Dress, lace and shirt
While I've tried to fix this... the dress, especially the long one (Not the maxi one) Seems to have some clipping. Which can be seen right here:
It's actually quite minor, it only occures when a sim's leg would, say... stand crossed. So it's nothing that would really occure while walking or running as far as I've tested it
LOD1: 3798 polys
LOD2: 2103 polys
LOD3: 660 polys
LOD1: 3810 polys
LOD2: 1712 polys
LOD3: 503 polys
LOD1: 3652 polys
LOD2: 1822 polys
LOD3: 660 polys
LOD1: 3766 polys
LOD2: 1927 polys
LOD3: 647 polys
LOD1: 3808 polys
LOD2: 1596 polys
LOD3: 612 polys
LOD1: 3620 polys
LOD2: 1902 polys
LOD3: 599 polys
EA for the lace texture!
TSRW Adobe Photoshop
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#Camisole, #dress, #camisole dress, #lace, #sleepwear, #everyday, #formal wear, #clothes, #clothing, ##themeMaB, #themeMaB