Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 7th Apr 2017 at 1:18 PM - Viewed 4407 times. Direct link to this thread
3 Comments / replies (Who?) , 13 times favourited , 40 times thanked
This build was inspired by the 1965 lesbian pulp novel "The Lavender House" (by Rex Weldon).
The house is one-story and features large, comfortable deck, a kitchen, 3 bedrooms (1 large, 2 small), a nursery, serparate living and dining rooms, 2.5 bathrooms (one of them attached to the big bedroom), a 6-box vegetable garden and a perfect (bland and empty) front lawn. The house is fully furnished and decorated, reasonably in line with the interior decoration trends and aesthetics of the 1950s and 1960s - save for a few (convenient thus inevitable) anachronisms such as consumer electronics.
Extra amenities include: fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher, outdoor grill, 2 computers, tv, stereo, bar. The nursery is built to be easily convertible into a bedroom for the youngest growing member of the family - just replace the bassinet with a bed.
The house was fully play tested and contains no CC.
Convivial - no social function will be less than impeccable under the watchful eye of the Perfect Stay At Home Dad/Mom/Non-binary Parental Unit.
Sunny Aspect - energy was cheap in the 1950s, and so houses were built with large windows to let plenty of sunlight in.
Good Schools - placeholder trait should you wish to inflict any number of major or minor misfortunes on the lucky inhabitants.
Lot Size: 30x20
Lot Price (furnished): 170048
Lot Price (unfurnished): 141983
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!