Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 13th Mar 2017 at 3:28 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2017 at 11:30 PM by PharaohHound - Viewed 11243 times. Direct link to this thread
3 Comments / replies (Who?) , 27 times favourited , 74 times thanked
Viola House is a wonderful family home for any sim who's a history lover! This stunning Victorian style house has been lovingly updated while maintaining the charm and colourful character of its historic roots. It features three bedrooms and one and a half bathrooms, with a study, family room, and secret attic chemistry lab! The gardens are also beautifully designed and include a quaint gazebo.
The exterior has fully preserved original shingles which have been repainted to a lovely blue colour scheme.
The interior retains all of the whimsy and love of pattern from the era while being a functional family home.
Thanks and Miscellany
Viola House is named after a local civil rights activist from my region, Viola Desmond. I was originally looking around to name the house after a local street, but all of those are named after racist old white dudes so I definitely took a hard pass on that.
This lot was built on the eternally useful Builder's Island by Armiel.
Big thanks go to everyone in the MTS Discord chat for all of your cheerleading and advice.
Lot Size: 20x30
Lot Price (furnished): $70,847
Lot Price (unfurnished): $40,577
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.67
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!