Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 20th Jan 2017 at 11:06 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2017 at 4:45 PM by PharaohHound - Viewed 8953 times. Direct link to this thread
11 Comments / replies (Who?) , 23 times favourited , 86 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
Another year, another calendar contest concluded! As with previous years, each different month is created as a preset, so you can simply CAST the calendar whenever you want to change things up. New to this year, we have combined the entries from all the games into one big happy family, so you get the best of all worlds!
This painting is the Modern Painting that uses the mesh of the Goth Painting so, technically a new mesh. It is base game compatible. It is one object with 12 different presets for each of the months. The months are in order so, when you are ready to switch over, just choose the next image in the presets. You will find it under Decorative -> Wall Hangings for the low, low price of §50. Because of the presets, you can just change the months using CAST without having to rebuy, saving your sims §550 over the course of a year! Thrifty, eh? The pushpins are recolorable for each of the presets as well. They are each different from each other already but can be changed to whatever your sim's heart desires. The item has been flagged to be shiftable up and down walls as well if you ever feel you need to slide it around to accommodate dressers, chairs, desks or whatever might happen to be in the way, you should have no problems.
This calendar does not overwrite previous years. You can have all of them in your game at once. Whether your sims are hoarders and never get rid of anything or you really just like the pictures, you can keep your 2012 Wall Calendar, 2013 Wall Calendar, 2014 Wall Calendar, 2015 Wall Calendar, and the 2016 Wall Calendar with no problems. Do make sure to clear your caches first though, including thumbnails, to make sure it shows up right in the catalog.
Note: The first channel allows for changing of the preset; the actual color does nothing. The second channel is the pushpins which are not really meant to have patterns. They can but the surface area for them is so small that you likely won't see it so solid colors (like real tacks) are best.
A special thanks to all of this year's entries, and a congratulations to this year's winners. The authors of the winning pictures are in order: Charmful, Pary, joandsarah77, simsample, clw8, Essa, gdayars, Averex, AngieMFAK77, N_Fluen$e, Zarathustra, and Spladoum.
- MTS Staff for judging entries and contestants for entering. Would not have been possible without all of you!
- Leefish; because this is an edit of the first calendar and would not have been possible without her from the beginning.
- Creators of S3OC, and S3PE.
- The other mods who gently corrected my constant inability to deal with numbers, and eventually got me using the right year throughout.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: