Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Oct 2016 at 6:25 PM - Viewed 7545 times. Direct link to this thread
1 Comments / replies (Who?) , 11 times favourited , 28 times thanked
Tic toc... Here is a major based on real life on that can be studied at Birmingham City University and it is heavily based on that course. I came across it on the UCAS website and found it incredibly interesting; I never knew that people could take a Bachelors course about studying clocks and watches.
What is Horology?
“Horology is the art and science of time measurement, and the study of clocks and watches, both mechanical and electronic.”
Info about my Trichology Major
Description: Horology: the art and science of time measurement, and the study of clocks and watches, both mechanical and electronic.
8 Class Titles:
1. Contextual Studies; A series of lectures on the history and evolution of horological mechanisms, including exploration and in-depth evaluations.
2. Design Drawing; An introduction to engineering drawing to latest standards using traditional (pencil) and digital techniques, to produce design drawings of individual components through to complex escapement drawings.
3. Horological Theoretical Studies; An introduction to principle constructs underlying simple horological mechanisms and escapements. This module ¬¬covers their evolution, design and operation.
4. Applied Studies; A series of practical projects making items out of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, assessed for accuracy and finish, followed by more advance projects as you progress.
5. Manufacturing and Finishing Techniques; This module explores various production and repair techniques, both traditional and modern, alongside advanced surface finishing skills.
6. Commercial Awareness; An introduction to a range of skills necessary for vocational practice, designed to increase employability and potential career progression.
7. Specialist Studies: You will produce your 'masterpiece' during this module - a significant horological mechanism that will showcase your combined workshop and employability skills.
8. Professional Practice; Service and portfolio presentation of a variety of simple mechanisms and your ‘masterpiece’ project.
1 primary skill: Mechanical
3 secondary skills: Logic, Creativity & Cleaning
Cloned from: History
Linked to Careers in: Military, Artist, Politics, Law
Class Times/Lengths: Same as History Major
GPA Points Lost if Final Exam Missed: Same as History Major
*It has its own unique GUID and will not overwrite any Maxis or any other Custom Majors!*
*Requires: University Expansion Pack*
*Requires: FrickaC's Majors Made Easier *
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a Custom Major
This download is a custom major. This means that you will need the MajorsMadeEasier mod by FrikaC installed in order to use the download in your game.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?