Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Oct 2016 at 4:04 PM - Updated 24th Jun 2017 at 6:24 AM by Lamare : update - Viewed 14934 times. Direct link to this thread
26 Comments / replies (Who?) , 55 times favourited , 236 times thanked
1. Sims with active personality, enthusiasm for fitness and/or wearing swimsuits are more likely to get in sea.
2. For lazy sims, during the night and/or wearing formal wear, it is less likely to go swimming.
3. If sims have low motives or are wearing outerwear, they do not get in sea autonomously.
4. Swimming interaction is pushed on sims immediately once they're in water, so they actively swim instead of wandering around.
5. Sims are less obsessed about the sea and behave more normally now, according to testing.
For details see the bottom of the post.
Because of #4 I recommend to redownload, even if you don't care about other changes that much.
Thanks to LilSister for testing the new version.
----- End of update note -----
11 dec. 2016.
From now on robots won't autonomously get in sea.
Because swimming are bad for them and they should know better then voluntary self-destruction.
Consider redownloading, if you play with servos on beach lots. Remember to choose only ONE version and delete the old file, if you decide to do so.
Another thing you should know - robots won't get in sea to swim, BUT that doesn't mean they can't go in the water! You see, it is not the only way. If robots would want to interact with a sim who's about to start swimming, they would go after that sim and MAY end up in the water, even though it was not their intention to get there and swim. And then they suffer the consequences... It shouldn't happen too often, though, because they would need to go one after another, and even then there's a chance that a robot would go out safely.
This update was possible thanks to BoilingOil, who helped gummilutt, who helped me!
Additional credit goes to KiruXzhelezayKa for reporting the issue.
----- End of update note -----
9 oct. 2016.
1. I updated the mod to allow sims to get in sea at 0 outdoor temperature instead of 10 as it was before (0 - is the middle of comfort zone, so it's okay).
Why the update?
Thanks to RoxEllen1965, it was brought to my attention that outside temperature on community lots doesn't set according to current season, it's around 0 all the time. Upon arrival of our sims the temperature is the same as it was on residential lot before leaving, BUT after a while it gets reset to 0 - standard comfortable. Thus - allowed swimming at zero, otherwise they stop swimming at all after temp.reset.
Please redownload, so your sims can get more out of community beaches. Sorry for not being aware of this in the first place =(
2. ExceptWinter version became less perfect. You might want to reconsider, which version to use.
This unfortunate 'reset' opens a possibility for some minor weirdness on community beaches during autumn and spring. The possibility is small, but it's there.
Worst case scenario:
Let's say, it's the middle of cold spring, temperature is in the minus, but the weather is nice - no precipitation and no deep snow. Sims came to public beach wearing fur coats and intending to just sit on a bench, cuddle and watch the waves. Then after a couple of sim-hours, the temperature resets to comfy and SUDDENLY it's warm enough to strip down to almost naked and go swimming! How about that? (It's not THAT bad: If it rains/snows/hails or if it's night time - the temperature will go lower and sims won't get in sea. If there's deep snow on the beach - sims won't get in sea. But still, not perfect.)
My suggestion would be, in order to avoid this weirdness, either use SummerOnly version or don't visit community beaches in fur coats, okay?
Anyway, choose only ONE version and don't forget to delete the old one, if you decide to redownload. Sorry for the inconvenience! And thanks for your support =)
----- End of update note -----
With this mod installed both playable sims and visitors can and will autonomously swim in the ocean, provided there's a beach and no restrictions are met. (They kinda could already, but hardly ever did.)
Sim's decision whether to get in water or not, depends on:
- current season (see flavors below)
- presence of deep snow (because you don't want snow angels in swimwear)
- outdoor temperature (must be at least comfortable outside or it's no fun)
- body temperature (chilly sims don't try to make ice-sticks of theselves, overheated sims beg for a swim and comfy sims may vary from 'meh' to rather fond of it)
- being a servo (robots stay away from water, well, mostly...)
- active personality (active sims love it more than lazy)
- fitness hobby (the more enthusiasm, the more desire to swim)
- current outfit (swimsuit has a plus, formal wear has a big minus, outerwear banned)
- time of day (getting in sea is less likely during the night)
- motives (low hunger, energy, bladder or comfort - is a no)
With permission of Inge Jones I based my mod on her GetInSeaPatch. With it sims can decide to get in sea if they're hot enough, and by 'hot' I mean their body temperature. My edition makes ocean swimming 'weather sensitive' and more attractive for sims with normal body temperature. It only alters autonomous behavior, player can direct a sim to swim anyway.
Choose only one version of the mod
You'll need Bon Voyage (that's where ocean swimming from).
It's probably unnessasary to have all the other EPs. I've made it so that if you don't have Seasons (weather) or Open for Business (robots) or Free Time (hobby) you could still use the mod (it'll detect wheter you have the EPs or not), but I can't test it to make 100% sure. I have Ultimate Collection and that's what I tested the mod on.
Feel free to try it out and get back to me, if you'd like.
If you have Inge's GetInSeaPatch, you need to take it out to use one of these
The mod will probably conflict with any mods altering the 'Get in' interaction
Resources overwritten: TTAB for the 'Get in' interaction, TGI 0x54544142 0x7F03C064 0x00000001
The package also includes custom BHAVs. They add, not overwrite
If normal body temp (-29...29), advertising Fun = 5 + bonus/penalty
If hot body temp (30...74), advertising Fun & Water/Hygiene = body temp + bonus/penalty
If almost expiring body temp (75+), advertising Fun, Water/Hygiene, Hunger, Energy = body temp + bonus/penalty
Active 0: -8
Active 1: -6
Active 2: -4
Active 3: -2
Active 4: 0
Active 5...10: +5...+10
Fitness enthusiasm 0...2: 0
Fitness enthusiasm 3...10: +3...+10
Night time: -40
Formal wear: -50
Winter (for except winter version): X
Not summer (for summer only version): X
Deep snow: X
Outdoors temp below 0: X
Cold body temp, -30 and below: X
Low Hunger, -40 and below: X
Low Energy, -70 and below: X
Low Comfort, -60 and below: X
Low Bladder, -80 and below: X
Penalties outweigh advertising: X
Inge Jones for making the original mod and for everything else
Influence for the idea of making this mod
gummilutt and crumplebottom_marky4444 - by sticking my nose in their mods I had got a better understanding of how people get things done with BHAVs (I didn't copy their approach though, but somehow it helped, I don't know)
BoilingOil for helping gummilutt, who helped me
LilSister for testing the latest version.
In production of this mod I used: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, SimPE, MTS & wiki, Photoscape
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
This is a multi-part download:
Choose only one version of the mod!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?
The creator also recommends you check the following:
You might like gummilutt's mods: Seasonal pool autonomy changes and Hygiene gain from swimming