Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 29th Aug 2016 at 2:09 AM - Viewed 11744 times. Direct link to this thread
7 Comments / replies (Who?) , 27 times favourited , 48 times thanked
A traditional narrowboat for Sims 3 (albeit with a distinct lack of pointiness around the bows): an exercise in trying to pack a lot into a small space and an excuse to play around with the ‘Roses and Castles’ style of canal painting.
Despite the compact floor plan, it has accommodation for four and play-testing with four adults produced a surprising lack of pathing issues. The main problem is that, when in port, the paperboy walks right through the boat to drop the paper in the bows. Replacing the archway at the stern with a normal front door would fix that but I wanted something that looked more authentic.
The boat has a master bedroom with full bathroom, children’s room with bunk beds and adjoining all-in-one bathroom, kitchen/dining/living/study area and outdoor sitting/dining area.
Expansions: Requires Island Paradise. Pets, Generations and University Life used heavily. A few items from World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night.
Stuff packs: One decorative item each from Fast Lane and Town Life.
Free store content:
Other store content:
Barnacle Bay (portholes and a few decorative items)
Woven Wicker Baskets
Stone’s Throw Greenhouse (several items, all of which could easily be replaced by other content)
B Harvard’s Water Collection Set
Peasant’s Potted Plants from Monte Vista
Lot size: 22x8 (20x6) houseboat - narrow barge
Lot Size: 20x10
Lot Price (furnished): 39731
Lot Price (unfurnished): 21685
Velocitygrass for the deco removal tool (used on the kitchen canisters on the counter by the door. They should be OK without the mod unless you try to recolour them).
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.67
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!