Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 4th Jan 2016 at 2:52 AM - Updated 4th Jan 2016 at 3:08 AM by PharaohHound - Viewed 5407 times. Direct link to this thread
4 Comments / replies (Who?) , 13 times favourited , 26 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
For my participation in this month's "Books, Movies and TV Shows" theme I humbly present my first contribution. The 2011 film The Artist the artist received worldwide acclaim for its revival of silent film, but in my opinion the real star of the show is the character of Jack, the spunky terrier who steals the show and ultimately saves the day. Jack is played by canine performer Uggie, whose prior rolls included parts in commercials and 2011's Water For Elephants alongside Reese Witherspoon.
Uggie didn't have the greatest start to life. He was sent to the pound at least twice for being too wild and hyperactive. But when he was adopted by trainer and owner Omar von Muller to be trained as an acting dog, Uggie found not only a career but a loving forever home. Sadly, Uggie passed away in 2015 at the age of 13. But his legacy as a talented canine performer lives on.
Currently this Uggie has the traits Hyper, Destructive and Genius. Some pictures online show Uggie with a lot more grey around his muzzle; he aged quite a bit in the last few years of his life after The Artist and looks pretty grizzled, but my version is based on his appearance in 2011. He's pretty fresh-faced in the film!
He also uses some CC:
Though not required, I use and recommend Christy's Eyes by corapntr.
Uggie is also pictured with accessory sunglasses made by the lovely and talented Spladoum. Sadly these are not available for download at this time.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: