Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 31st Dec 2015 at 8:05 PM - Viewed 8793 times. Direct link to this thread
5 Comments / replies (Who?) , 27 times favourited , 47 times thanked
In Rome Insula was an apartment building just like this.
Traditional cozy apartment building with small units. Your Sim has a room 5x3 tiles and a bathroom in the corridor. This house is one of those lucky ones with a conscientious landlord. It's cheap'ish to live here, but it's well maintained and even has a burglar and firealarm.
I have made this apartment building with lots of tiny rooms, and some slightly bigger. No flats have what I would call a decent size, they are all quite small still. The resident room as I should call it, above.
Floorplan both versions:
Ground Floor: 15 rooms and a bathroom, foosball and a dresser in the hallway.
Outside: 15 rooms and a bathroom, seating areas with bookcases in the hallway.
First Floor: 15rooms and a bathroom, seating in the hallway.
Second Floor: 15rooms and a bathroom, seating in the hallway.
Third Floor: 14 rooms, 1 furnished room with a balcony and a bathroom for the hole floor. Seating with a chess table, juice bar and an easel in the hallway.
Fourth Floor: 3 rooms with bigger balconies on the roof, quite desirable top roof flats I would imagine. 1 of them almost have a what I would call a decent size for ts3, almost. Common room with a TV, and a kitchen with trashcompactor and dishwasher, and a roof terrace with espalier ceiling. No bathroom.
This house has two versions.
a. Without markers, this version is for players with a plan. Perhaps you have your own people you want to move in. You need to know how to use the hidden and public markers if you have a similar plan for the building. Price 227k/178k
b. With markers has set all rooms except the one for your active sim, for NPC's. If you want to do changes to this one you need to use a cheat: "RestrictBuildBuyInBuilldings False", change False to True when you're finished. If you like to have another flat for your Sim you can just move the hidden marker from another flat to the one I have furnished. I would suggest you take out the things with a price from the room I have furnished, perhaps just move it to the flat you want to use. Then ctrl+shift + right click on the door of the apartment you want NPC's to use and select "make NPC door".
Zoning for both versions: Residential.
Lot Size: 40x20
Lot Price (furnished): 3270
Lot Price (unfurnished): 60
Our hard working cround of modders deserves some credit:
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.67.2.024
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!