Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 28th May 2015 at 12:26 PM - Updated 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:15 AM by SimmyRN - Viewed 37379 times. Direct link to this thread
24 Comments / replies (Who?) , 75 times favourited , 156 times thanked
The artificial island project was successful and Simmington gradually turned into an "entertainment" destination for other inhabitants of Simplanet. Many came to enjoy the shows and atmosphere. Some even decided to stay. Simmington was renamed "Simmington Showtime".
Simmington Showtime has been updated with Showtime Coffeehouse, Live Show, Private, and Big Show venues. The world ID number has been changed so that players can have both versions of Simmington in their game.
Simmington Showtime includes several fog emitter effects on lots - spirit lights, pigeons, and fireflies - so, as with all custom worlds, players will have to open the world, save the world, and then play the saved version to enjoy the effects.
Simmington Showtime is set as a city with Bridgeport water and skies. Simmington Showtime is NOT populated.
There is no custom content in Simmington Showtime. World checked with CUSTARD.
Simmington Showtime requires the following expansions: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, and Showtime. It may work without some expansions but could look different. Showtime is absolutely required for this world. Late Night is required for bars, subways, street lights, and apartments. The Pets City Hall Rabbit hole was used. Seasons is required for those who choose to download the alternate "Festival Grounds at the Cannery" community Festival Grounds lot.
Changes made for Simmington Showtime:
1. Replaced "Simmington City Center" with Big Show Venue and Stadium.
2. Eliminated "Carmine Exclusive Lounge" and part of School Street to allow for larger school lot. Replaced "Pleasant Education Center" with new school lot.
3. Turned "Luxury Blue and Gold Starter Apartments" around, re-decorated lots, and assigned new street addresses.
4. Replaced "Open Lot" with gym.
5. Eliminated "Ready & Set Laundry Store (No CC)" and re-sized lot. Laundromat replaced with Private Venue. (Alternate community or residential lots available.)
6. Replaced "Palms Futuristic Lounge" with Live Show Venue.
7. Eliminated "Vista Alegre Gym" and re-sized lot. Gym replaced with Coffeehouse lot. (Alternate residential or Seasons Festival lots available.)
8. Eliminated "Madison Park | A Fountain Park" and re-sized hospital lot. Replaced hospital with combination hospital and science center Rabbit hole.
9. Replaced "Simmington Research Center" with City Hall Rabbit hole.
10. Changed "Pet World" (Pet Store) into a dive bar and re-named it.
11. Replaced "Glenview Manor" apartment building with Movie Cineplex Rabbit hole.
12. Replaced "The Glass Pillar" apartment building with bookstore and spa Rabbit hole. Little Corsican Bistro Rabbit hole placed in basement.
13. Replaced "Into the Future" single family dwelling with dive bar.
14. Replaced "Subway Station" with single family dwelling.
15. Changed "Garden of Eden" from Small Park to Big Park. (Enables Showtime performances.)
16. Added Food Truck to Landgraab Industries Bldg. lot.
17. Added and/or re-arranged subway grates, street lights, and street signs.
18. Moved azaleas near "Fire Pit Park".
19. Made minor changes to "Research Center Robo Reservoir" lot (moved rock and weed).
20. Added sims non-routing paint under fences between Simmington Family Fitness, Garden of Eden, and Curious Tower.
21. Removed duplicate spawners at Cool Breeze and Garden of Eden.
22. Moved garbage cans at Sweet Condo Delux, 10x10 Modern Apartment, and Curious Tower.
23. Moved mailbox and set front door at Sweet Condo Delux.
24. Removed first floor hot beverage machine at Helen's Company of Style.
25. Moved car parking spot at Sim Sonic diner.
26. Rotated bathtub at The Glass Pillar.
New Simmington Showtime Community Lots:
- 64x64 Landgraab Center (Big Show Venue) at Landgraab Square with Binderclips Big Show Venue and Stadium Rabbit hole as well as two Subway Rabbit holes. Features fountain, Food Truck, seating / eating areas, 2 bus stops, sculpture garden, and plenty of parking! Furnished: 302,030; Unfurnished: 74,183.
- 20x18 SimTech Productions (Private Venue) at 202 Crumplebottom St. (See Comment.)
- 20x20 Simmington Auditorium (Live Show Venue) at 1014 Curious Way. (See Comment.)
- 30x40 Simmington Brew (Coffeehouse) at 314 Crumplebottom St. (See Comment.)
- 63x35 Simmington City School (No Visitors Allowed) at 101 School Ave. Has Showtime School Rabbit hole. (See Comment.)
- 25x30 Simmington Family Fitness (Gym) at 202 Goth Ave. (See Comment.)
- 10x10 Zig Zag (Fusion Lounge) at 337 East Hanover St. Five zigzagging stories with base game and Late Night items only. Has bar, dance floor, bathroom, darts, and foosball table. (Spawns bartender.) Furnished: 18,082; Unfurnished: 15,227.
- 42x30 Simmington General (No Visitors Allowed) at 317 Goth Ave. with Holy Cow Memorial Hospital and Science Center Rabbit hole. Decorated lot still has Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Rabbit hole in the basement. Furnished: 23,719; Unfurnished: 12,569.
- 40x22 Simmington City Hall (No Visitors Allowed) at 2223 Goth Ave with Pets City Hall Rabbit hole on decorated lot. Includes Very Small Train Set from Supernatural and The Baker's Half Dozen Stand from Ambitions. (Items are not essential for lot.) Furnished: 40,151; Unfurnished: 12,561.
- 40x30 Bubbles, Books, & Bistro (No Visitors Allowed) at 159 Curious Way with Wilki's Fabulous Books & Bath Rabbit hole as well as the Little Corsican Bistro Rabbit hole in the basement. The Bistro/basement level has dining area, sculptures, fountains, and chess tables. Base game, Late Night, and Showtime objects only. Furnished: 53,278; Unfurnished: 28,359.
- 40x40 Simmington Movie Cineplex (No Visitors Allowed) at 1029 School St. Decorated lot with Movie Cineplex Rabbit hole. Furnished: 10,880; Unfurnished: 6,820.
- 15x20 The Pet Shop (Dive Bar) at 242 Bridge St. Simmington's Pet Store has been converted into a bar! There's a bar, seating area, dance floor, darts, and shuffleboard table on the first floor as well as musical instruments, foosball table, and restrooms on the second floor. Furnished: 101,246; Unfurnished: 51,832. (Spawns bartender.) (The lot remains the same size, so those players who prefer a pet store could replace the bar with Pet World from Simmington.)
New Simmington Showtime Residential Lot:
- 10x10 Big Style, Small Space (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) single family dwelling at 210 Burb Place. (See Comment.)
- 20x18 Simmington Brew Too (Coffeehouse) with Flying V's Coffeehouse Rabbit hole. Smaller Coffeehouse lot without stage. Alternate community lot to replace SimTech Productions Private Venue. (See Comment.)
- 20x18 Crumplebottom Apartments (3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom) fourplex at 202 Crumplebottom St. with 3 NPC apartments. Alternate residential lot to replace SimTech Productions Private Venue. (See Comment.)
- 30x40 Parkview Townhouses (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) at 314 Crumplebottom St. with 12 NPC apartments. Alternate residential lot to replace Simmington Brew Coffeehouse venue. (See Comment.)
- 30x40 Festival Grounds at the Cannery (Festival Grounds) with Subway Rabbit hole. Alternate lot to replace Simmington Brew Coffeehouse venue. (See Comment.) Requires Seasons expansion pack.
Patch level: 1.67
Many thanks to simsample and other MTS members for the tutorials making a world a city and Sea, Sky, and Light parameters - let's learn!
simsample unlocking the Food Truck and Parking Space was very helpful.
Thank you, Winterhart, for these mods: Generations Cars Buyable & Available for Community Lots and Cars for Community Lots.
A big thank you to simsample for the Tutorial: Creating Duplicates of a World which allows players to have both Simmingtons in their game!
Most suggestions made by lindali365 were implemented. Thanks so much for play testing for me!
I so much appreciate each and every person who has uploaded lots and other items to MTS as well as those who have contributed to the CAW Resources thread! Where would our (custom) worlds be without you?
Thank you, also, to the staff and moderators at MTS who manage the best Sims 3 web site I've found! Especially HugeLunatic who cleaned up my creator feedback thread for me so that I didn't have to "re-do" it to submit the upload!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: