Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 24th Dec 2013 at 2:55 PM - Updated 24th Dec 2013 at 6:52 PM by HystericalParoxysm - Viewed 160254 times. Direct link to this thread
69 Comments / replies (Who?) , 340 times favourited , 952 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
This skintone is an attempt at approximating my "Idolatry" skintones for Sims 2 - detailed without being photorealistic, simmish without being dull, complex without being overly-shiny.
This works for teen, young adult, and adult only as those are the only age groups I ever play. If you would like them for other age groups, feel free to convert. This is currently a non-default only. Due to the way this skin is made, it's not ideal as a default.
The tone ramp goes from lighter-than-EA-default in a very pale tone to quite dark, and varies somewhat between tones, from olive to pinkish, more saturated and less saturated, so you can get a wide range of tones with a single addition to your custom skintones. The tone ramp is labelled "HP Idola3" and the skintone "spot" shows up teal, so you should be able to find it easily.
Sims in the screenshots are shown completely without makeup, though this skin is meant to be used with S-Club's 3D eyelashes (there is an overlay included that mostly removes the EA eyelashes). Screenshots are completely unedited (except for necessary blurring of nipples/genitals/buttcrack, rotating images, and a little bit of resizing) - no filtering or actions applied whatsoever. What you see is exactly as they look in my game.
Important Info - MUST READ!
This skintone is made with 2x size (2048x2048) face and body textures. It is made to be used with an HQ mod to allow for higher texture rendering. If you have a weak computer, please don't download this - it probably won't make your graphics card explode, but it's not good for it, and it won't look as pretty as my screenshots.
The screenshots are shown with certain mods which are intended for use with this skintone. If you download the skin but do not get all of these additional items, the skin will not look the same in your game as in mine.
The version uploaded here includes nipples for both genders, but no genital textures. If you would like the fully anatomically correct version (including penis and vulva textures), you can download them from My Simblr (Tumblr).
Parts of this skintone use modified textures by ILTS, Nika V, Joedy76/Buffybot, IN3S, Buhudain, Kurasoberina, and Ladyfrontbum. Massive thanks to all of those creators for their beautiful work!
Also, big thanks to k2m1too, spladoum, and linuslover30 for testing, and of course, to CmarNYC for the fabulous Skininator.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: