Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 8:52 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2013 at 4:53 AM by armiel : Added reference to the original accessory I made - Viewed 45241 times. Direct link to this thread
20 Comments / replies (Who?) , 232 times favourited , 733 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
Tights with lace as bottoms!
After I had uploaded the original tights, Heaven poked me that it would be lovely to have these as bottoms too. Then I learned I can earn at least one achievement by doing so, so heck, here they are!
They come as everyday and sleepwear, also unlocked for career, and can be found under bottoms (pants and stuff). Enabled for Young adults and Adults.
The tights have three recolourable channels. Default colors are light gray with white lace and trim. There is only one preset.
http://www.cgtextures.com/index.php for the lace texture
TSRW, for being the package editors used
Photoshop for texture editing
Heaven for requesting these as bottoms
Dal, for help
Buzz, for the funky design. Yep, he told me how she needs to be, from neck to toes.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends you check the following:
Tights with lace (accessory)