Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 31st Aug 2013 at 3:28 AM - Updated 28th Aug 2013 at 8:39 PM by armiel - Viewed 34724 times. Direct link to this thread
21 Comments / replies (Who?) , 123 times favourited , 656 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
I got a little crazy, and made a set of wood patterns. 32 patterns to be exact...
You can divide that number by two though, cause I made 2 orientations of each pattern. So yea, 16 new patterns, that come both vertical and horizontal!
This is once again such a huge set, so I've had to post the patterns in to 4 sets/files, for your convenience. You don't need to download all 32 patterns if you only like a few, and if you use them in your uploads, the downloader doesn't need to get them all either. Below is a table of the info, linking to individual set posts in this thread, that have the detail pictures of each pattern.
cgtextures.com for a great collection of textures.
HP's Pattern tutorial for learning and reference.
Deplhy's Pattern Packager for really easy packaging of multiple patterns in a row.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: