Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 2nd Jan 2013 at 8:30 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2013 at 11:36 PM by heaven : Fixed winner's name - Viewed 20180 times. Direct link to this thread
21 Comments / replies (Who?) , 31 times favourited , 256 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
In continuation of MTS annual Calendar Contest, I am pleased to present to you the 2013 addition of the in game calendar. We had a great time with this year's contest and, although we didn't receive as many entries as we did last year, we still got more than enough to give your sims a new calendar for their homes and offices. Considering that not everyone has Seasons and those that do have a huge amount of flexibility with which Seasons to include and how many days each are independently, this calendar functions with a manual preset button. If you do have Seasons and have each season enabled and set to the minimum of 3 days, you'd have a 12 day calendar. This download features 12 months so each calendar month would correspond with 1 in-game day. You just need to CAST the picture to change the preset to the next month.
This painting is the Modern Painting that uses the mesh of the Goth Painting so, technically a new mesh. It is base game compatible. It is one object with 12 different presets for each of the months. The months are in order so, when you are ready to switch over, just choose the next image in the presets. You will find it under Decorative -> Wall Hangings for the low, low price of §50. Because of the presets, you can just change the months using CAST without having to rebuy, saving your sims §550 over the course of a year! Thrifty, eh? The pushpins are recolorable for each of the presets as well. They are each different from each other already but can be changed to whatever your sim's heart desires. The item has been flagged to be shiftable up and down walls as well if you ever feel you need to slide it around to accommodate dressers, chairs, desks or whatever might happen to be in the way, you should have no problems.
Also, this calendar does not overwrite last year's. That's right! You can have both in your game at once. Whether your sims are hoarders and just never get rid of anything or you really just like the pictures, you can keep your 2012 Wall Calendar with no problems. Do make sure to clear your caches first though, including thumbnails, to make sure it shows up right in the catalog.
Note: The first channel allows for changing of the preset; the actual color does nothing. The second channel is the pushpins which are not really meant to have patterns. They can but the surface area for them is so small that you likely won't see it so solid colors (like real tacks) are best.
Special thanks and congratulations go out to all of our winners: spladoum, Lunararc, varpunen, GuySim1993, naiyasfury, Japalion9, PlayinSafe, Black_Zekrom, MidnightTear, ButchSim, laracroftfan1, and InEmergencyDressing. For a full list of entries, please see the original entry table.
- MTS Staff for judging entries and contestants for entering. Would not have been possible without all of you!
- Leesester; because this is an edit of last year's calendar, this would not have been possible without her from the beginning.
- Creators of S3OC, S3PE, TT3.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: