Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 17th Nov 2012 at 2:37 PM - Viewed 42459 times. Direct link to this thread
31 Comments / replies (Who?) , 128 times favourited , 824 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
I was not sure how to show best what I've done, so I made you a little story to demonstrate it, as seen above.
My dear friend Qbie has been making an awesome house, and I have been looking at his pics in awe. But seeing them also made me cranky about how EA neglected those one tile wide walls. The barn walls are my absolute favorite walls to use, so I wanted to fix this issue. And knowing me, I could not leave it to just one wall, could I? :D
So I present you 10 new walls that match EA's (so well they hurt brains!). You can mix and match them all you want.
Please forgive me the names and prices. I just carried on with EA naming, on how they had named the FILES. Later I looked in game what the names we're, and had a little facepalm moment. But who looks at the wall names anyways? And the prices just follow EA logic, which seems inexistent at times.
I also made a tiny mod to fix tiling on one of the EA's barn walls. I can't believe I never saw how borky it was - I use them walls all the time! But missroxor did poke me about the issue when I showed her the walls I was making, and the mod was born.
So here is the 'Barn wall with pilaster - left side' with correct 1/3 tiling instead of the 2/2 it had.
The mod changes resource 'CWAL 0x515CA4CD-0x00000000-0x76E34316615FD039' of the 'Wall_ structured_BarnPilaster_left' and will conflict with any mod that changes that resource.
Everything is for Base game. Please enjoy!
Qbie for 'bringing out' the issue with one tile walls again.
missroxor for poking me about the wall borkiness.
Creators of the tools I used.
There are my terrain paints on the pictures, are not in any way included to the download though.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: