Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 12th Nov 2012 at 4:34 PM - Updated 8th Mar 2013 at 9:06 AM by Tee Hee Hee - Viewed 157472 times. Direct link to this thread
131 Comments / replies (Who?) , 191 times favourited , 1013 times thanked
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Tired of the same old straight roofs? Hate horizontal lines? Feel its time someone did something about it?
Well clearly you and I am on the same page and that's why I've made this elegant house with grand sweeping architecture to ease your strained eyes and sooth your sims' souls. No longer shall your sims roof be a lifeless, flat, dull surface! Now you can gaze upon this undulating structure to your hearts content. If you have the cash to spend why not live somewhere that shows it, why live in a subtle house when you could live somewhere that screams to be looked at and admired from every angle?
This is a house built for those that like to entertain guests, plenty of seating areas are available both inside and out. The views from the bedrooms are unspoilt and few houses can rival the wow-factor of the grand entrance to the house here.
The main house has two bedrooms and three bathrooms, and another bedroom and bathroom in the guest house.
Furnished 326,382 / Unfurnished 219,947
Custom Content Required But Not Included
-Armi's amazing DIY buy set - link
-hudy777DeSign's Modular Window Set - link
Words of Caution
This house is on an awkward sized lot, technically its on a 64 x 46 lot, if you want to place it exactly I'd recommend using this mod by velocitygrass to allow you to place any size lots in your world. However you can just place it on a 64x64 lot and it should be fine, might just have some empty patches at the front and back.
This house has extensive amounts of heavy cfe involved, attempts to alter anything is at your own peril. Don't say I didn't warn you!
Lot Placement Issues
Some people have had problems when placing this lot with it appearing either sunken into the surrounding terrain or raised up above it. If you experience this I would recommend researching the cheat "setimportedterrainoffset [value]" to correct it. It is an error that randomly affects people individually so I can't unfortunately provide the value that you'll need to correct it. Use the cheat before placing the lot. Positive values will raise the lot and negative ones will lower it. This may take a few attempts to find the right value but I hope it's worth it.
Lot Size: 6x5
Lot Price: 326,382
Custom Content Included:
- DIY Counter-Top by Armiel at MTS
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.42
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!