Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Aug 2012 at 7:58 PM - Updated 30th Mar 2015 at 9:16 PM by k2m1too - Viewed 52496 times. Direct link to this thread
21 Comments / replies (Who?) , 65 times favourited , 304 times thanked
You will need the pose player to use these poses! They WILL NOT WORK without it!
More gymnastics poses! This this time, the poses are mostly for the men. Most of these poses were designed to go on gymnastics equipment, but some are suitable for "floor" routines. The gymnastics equipment used is from the "Sports Set" by Severinka.
Pose Names / Descriptions:
a_k2_gymnastics2_01 :: Swinging split-legged over the pommel horse to the left
a_k2_gymnastics2_02 :: Straddling the pommel horse
a_k2_gymnastics2_03 :: Swinging split-legged over the pommel horse to the right
a_k2_gymnastics2_04 :: Handstand ***
a_k2_gymnastics2_05 :: Swinging with legs together over the pommel horse
a_k2_gymnastics2_06 :: Handstand on the parallel bars
a_k2_gymnastics2_07 :: One-handed handstand on the parallel bars
a_k2_gymnastics2_08 :: Reverse "pushup" on the parallel bars
a_k2_gymnastics2_09 :: Reverse "pushup" on the floor
a_k2_gymnastics2_10 :: Handstand with half-bend
a_k2_gymnastics2_11 :: Ta-Da! for male gymnast
a_k2_gymnastics2_12 :: Wrapped around the balance beam
a_k2_gymnastics2_13 :: Posed on the balance beam
a_k2_gymnastics2_14 :: Ta-Da! for female gymnast
a_k2_gymnastics2b_01 :: Floorwork
a_k2_gymnastics2b_02 :: Floorwork
*** Pose #4 was designed to work either on the pommel horse or on the floor. To raise it to proper height to go on the pommel horse as shown, you will need to use OMSP. You will need to raise it approximately 1m + 15 cm.
Items used in the screenshots:
Severinka :: Sports Set. The Pommel Horse, Parallel Bars and Balance Beam were used.
All clothing and and hair are stock EA from the Base Game. The male gymnast's hair is from Pets.
On some of the poses, there may be some "distortion" in the leg-to-hip connection and/or crotch area. This is unavoidable because of the way EA meshes work. For the most part, the "distortion" is most noticeable at angles that are probably not the best for photographing the poses anyway (i.e. from behind).
Cmomoney :: Pose Player
OrangeMittens :: Complete Pose Tutorial Using Blender 2.63 & CLIPTool: For Sim and Animal Poses
A :: Blender animation plugins v1.52 and for the rigs
Inge and Peter Jones :: s3pe
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a Custom Pose or Animation
This download is a custom pose or animation. This means that you will need the Pose Player or Animation Player mod by cmomoney installed in order to use the download in your game.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: