Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 6:47 PM - Updated 30th Mar 2015 at 6:38 PM by k2m1too : wrong inline picture showing - Viewed 107539 times. Direct link to this thread
48 Comments / replies (Who?) , 175 times favourited , 630 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
You will need the pose player to use these poses! These poses WILL NOT WORK without it!
Since the Summer Olympics are coming up, I decided to create a set of gymnastics inspired poses. These poses are all based on pictures of real gymnastic competitions, so they really are possible. (Not by me, mind you!) These are also well suited for acrobats, contortionists and circus type performers.
Pose Names / Descriptions:
a_k2_gymnastics_01 :: Standing split
a_k2_gymnastics_02 :: Kneeling back-bend
a_k2_gymnastics_03 :: Leaping back bend
a_k2_gymnastics_04 :: On elbows with legs over head
a_k2_gymnastics_05 :: Laying on thighs with a back-bend
a_k2_gymnastics_06 :: Laying on chest with legs over head
a_k2_gymnastics_07 :: Pirouette-like pose
a_k2_gymnastics_08 :: Bridge pose with one leg raised
a_k2_gymnastics_09 :: Standing back-bend
a_k2_gymnastics_10 :: Standing split with hands holding leg above head
a_k2_gymnastics_11 :: Shoulder stand
a_k2_gymnastics_12 :: Handstand with backbend
a_k2_gymnastics_13 :: Split with leg bent at knee
a_k2_gymnastics_14 :: Kneeling with back-bend
a_k2_gymnastics_15 :: Laying on thighs in a swan-like position
a_k2_gymnastics_16 :: One handed bridge
Store Items Used on Models:
Female Hair :: Braided Bun
All other items are stock EA items from Base Game, Showtime and Sweet Treats.
On some of the poses, there may be some "distortion" in the leg-to-hip connection and/or crotch area. This is unavoidable because of the way EA meshes work. For the most part, the "distortion" is most noticeable at angles that are probably not the best for photographing the poses anyway (i.e. from behind).
Cmomoney :: Pose Player
OrangeMittens :: Complete Pose Tutorial Using Blender 2.63 & CLIPTool: For Sim and Animal Poses
A :: Blender animation plugins v1.52 and for the rigs
Inge and Peter Jones :: s3pe
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a Custom Pose or Animation
This download is a custom pose or animation. This means that you will need the Pose Player or Animation Player mod by cmomoney installed in order to use the download in your game.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: