Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 30th May 2012 at 3:38 PM - Updated 8th Dec 2013 at 11:38 PM by Fergus' Mind - Viewed 25830 times. Direct link to this thread
8 Comments / replies (Who?) , 32 times favourited , 288 times thanked
Tags: #Ballroom, #Dance Club, #Dance, #Art Deco, #Roaring 20s, #Riverview, #Bridgeport, #Roof Terrace, #Night, #Old, #Old Fashioned, #Vintage, #Retro, #1920s, #1930s, #1920, #1930
For me, this lot has been very much inspired by a recent interest in Art Deco and the Roaring 20s, especialy in England, another key inspiration for this lot came from a song called "Barrowland Ballroom",which is about The Barrowland Ballroom in Glasgow, Scotland, the song is by one of my favourite singers; Amy Macdonald, which can be found here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVvC...feature=related
But anyway, the Empire Ballroom stands proud in any community, although in it's hey-day would have be condemned by the Dance Halls act in Catholic Ireland. I originally built it in Bridgeport, but have found it looks equally at home in Riverview on the lot originally inhabbited by th "Mini Manor".It is capable of working as many kinds of community lots, but I have chosen to set it as a 'Dance Hall'. Your sims don't have to dance, instead they can play shuffleboard or go skinny dipping in the hot tubs on the roof terrace, just watch out for other sims hiding their clothes!
Inside the ballroom on the ground floor you sims will find the ballroom itself open to the floor above, a couple of bars, toilets and the kitchen.On the floor above your sims will find the shuffleboard, maintenance room, dressing room and minstrel's balcony above the dancehall bar. Should your sims dare to venture below the groundfloor they will find an underground carpark among other surprises which lay buried below the cheerful and aged exterior of the ballroom.
The lot is set as a 'Dance Club' and so to be placed, an empty community lot would have to be set as a 'Dance Club', the lot is 30 by 30 in size and costs 248,522 simoleons furnished and 142,509 un-furnished. I hope your sims will enjoy it as much as mine do.
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: 248,522 Simoleons
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 6.5.1.0150
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
#Ballroom, #Dance Club, #Dance, #Art Deco, #Roaring 20s, #Riverview, #Bridgeport, #Roof Terrace, #Night, #Old, #Old Fashioned, #Vintage, #Retro, #1920s, #1930s, #1920, #1930