Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 24th Feb 2012 at 6:38 PM - Updated 25th Feb 2012 at 3:17 PM by PharaohHound - Viewed 96720 times. Direct link to this thread
39 Comments / replies (Who?) , 203 times favourited , 1177 times thanked
Tags: #dog, #cat, #horse, #marking, #markings, #spots, #spot, #ticking, #roan, #belton, #appaloosa, #dalmatian
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Tired of the pitiful selection of spots that EA has given us? Give your spotted, ticked and roan pets a fresh new look! These are seven all new pet markings, complete with custom thumbnail.
All markings are available for cats, dogs, and horses, so no-one feels left out. Markings have one recolourable channel, except for Ticking3, which has two channels.
How to install
Install these as you would any package file. They will appear in the markings section of Create-a-Pet
You may not:
Want to make your own markings?
Head over to my newly created Custom Pet Markings Tutorial.
Created with: Adobe Photoshop CS5
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#dog, #cat, #horse, #marking, #markings, #spots, #spot, #ticking, #roan, #belton, #appaloosa, #dalmatian