Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 19th Dec 2011 at 12:00 AM - Updated 18th Dec 2011 at 8:42 PM by Munchies - Viewed 80171 times. Direct link to this thread
54 Comments / replies (Who?) , 197 times favourited , 924 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Ever wanted to do more than have your Sim watch or pet a raccoon? Well now you can! O.K., so it's not the same, but it's better than nothing. I made this based on the Raccoon instead of the Raccoon dog since the patterns of a raccoon seem nicer to me. He's currently named Tanuki (I think it's Japanese for Raccoon Dog) Raccoon. He's destructive, aggressive, shy, skittish and playful. You could change them of course. Or you could make it a challenge to try and tame him... or five of them all at once. Hope you'll like him! ^__^
P.S. Many thanks to HystericalParoxysm and others for their helpful feedback and suggestions.
* As usual, please don't steal my stuff or modify them and re-upload them somewhere else and claim it as your own creation. It might not look it, but it took me hours spread between days and weeks to make this. Placing it in game, taking photos, making adjustments, rinse and repeat many, many times before I get it right. So, give credit where credit is due, o.k.? Thanks!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: