Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 25th Nov 2011 at 8:44 PM - Viewed 42186 times. Direct link to this thread
18 Comments / replies (Who?) , 57 times favourited , 377 times thanked
Hello everyone and especially dog admirers!
I didn't really like the default EA Border Collie, it seems somehow off to me, so I decided to create my own. After searching the Internet for reference pictures I found out about four most typical coat types and tried to recreate them for sim dog breeders.
This is a herding/working dog breed that originates from the UK. Other names are Scotch Sheep Dog and Sheepdog. Border Collies still herd livestock just as they were bred to do centuries ago. These collies are particularly well suited to work on challenging terrain for relatively long periods.
They are typically extremely energetic, acrobatic and athletic. They frequently compete with great success in dog sports, in addition to their success in sheepdog trials, and are often cited as the most intelligent of all dogs.
Given the breed's nature, Border Collies are probably not well suited to apartment living, but considering its friendly character live well in private houses. Border Collies generally have boundless energy. As with many working dogs, they really crave challenging physical activities and need plenty of outdoor time. The Border Collie breed is also known for being affectionate with family. The collies may seem guarded with strangers, after all, their ancestors were bred for centuries to look after farm animals.
The most common coat colors are black and white, red merle, blue merle, and tricolor (black/tan/white).
Traits: Genius/Hyper/Likes Swimming
Please mind, the EA fur and shape sliders are far from versatile. This is the closest I could get to real life Border Collies. Please find a nice family for them.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS Simply extract the .sim files from the .rar and place them into your SavedSims folder.
COMPATIBILITY Pets EP, Base Game patch 1.26
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: