Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 17th Nov 2011 at 7:58 PM - Updated 25th Nov 2011 at 7:20 PM by Mootilda : Note about pets - Viewed 63533 times. Direct link to this thread
42 Comments / replies (Who?) , 85 times favourited , 544 times thanked
Tags: #contemporary, #modern, #base game, #one story, #single story, #flat roof, #foundation roof, #curve, #round, #shell villa
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This unique home, inspired by a real house in Japan, will add some curves to your neighborhood.
As you enter this house from the tiered front porch, the great room spreads before you, containing the kitchen to the right, the dining area to the left, and the living area straight ahead. The comfortable seating area is focused on a free-standing fireplace. The curved ceiling overhead makes the room feel spacious and airy. Full-length windows and a skylight over the kitchen island flood the room with light. Views curve from the front porch around to the terraced patio.
Beyond the great room you'll find a large master suite with ensuite bath and views on two sides, along with two smaller bedrooms with a shared bath. A second skylight graces one of the smaller bedrooms. There's also a powder room for your guests.
This is not a large home, but it will have a large impact in your neighborhood.
The roof is a "foundation roof", created with inexpensive foundation walls. If necessary, these walls can be removed using the foundation tool.
Although the lot is not large, this house may strain less-powerful computers, because of the large number of levels used to create the unique look.
Some pets may have problems navigating 2-click stairs. You'll find a suggested solution in Post # 20
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: $89,434
Custom Content by Me:
- Latte Concrete Floor Set. This is a set of floor tiles, which match the "Latte" Stucco walls that come with the base game. These floor tiles were used to create the curved underside of the structure and the skylights. Unfortunately, the upload manager balked at this package when it was included in the Sims2Pack, so they've been included as a separate file. Be sure to extract the package and place it in your Downloads folder before you install the lot into your neighborhood.
Custom Content Included:
- Invisible Stairs Recolor by sunni9676
- Modular Stairs by Numenor
Custom Content Recommended:
- The pictures of this house were taken using the Enhanced Floor Shader with the Invisible Floor Edge. These are global mods that will affect your entire neighborhood, so they are not included with the house. To get the full effect of the lot, you may want to download them; however, they are not required. I've included a close-up of the house without the invisible floor edge, so that you can see how the house will look without these mods.
Numenor, for the AnyGameStarter, which allowed me to make this lot without any EPs:
The LotAdjuster, which allowed me to shift the house on the lot when I needed more space for the terraced patio.
The GridAdjuster, which allowed me to easily make the curved design:
ConvertiWall, which allowed me to change the walls on the roof to foundation walls, thus reducing the cost in line with the actual structure:
The LevelAdder (still in testing), which allowed me to add more than 6 levels to a base game lot:
Quaxi and Peter and Igne Jones, for SimPE:
The LotCompressor, which allowed me to remove unnecessary images from the lot package, thus reducing its size:
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?
#contemporary, #modern, #base game, #one story, #single story, #flat roof, #foundation roof, #curve, #round, #shell villa