Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Aug 2011 at 3:18 PM - Updated 15th Sep 2011 at 10:35 PM by StephSim - Viewed 35748 times. Direct link to this thread
28 Comments / replies (Who?) , 49 times favourited , 349 times thanked
Gwrych Barony Serf Cottage
Lot Size: 1 x 2
Lot Type: Residential
Price: 19,916 Simoleons
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms (sleeps 3)
Bathrooms: Outhouse with shower, toilet & sink
There is a second version of this lot available in the Downloads area of this post. The only difference is it uses a more "rustic" wood and straw roof. You can download either version. You really only need one. However, for those of you who like to have it all, feel free to download both versions!
This is a very basic hovel designed for your Medieval serfs. Activities include sleeping, campfire, cooking, television, darts, pottery and reading. The idea is to place several of these cottages in a small area in your kingdom for different serf Sims. Seeing that the Serf lot is basic (from simple straw floors and ceilings to a lack of "extras"), the idea is to personalize each cottage you place in your Medieval neighborhood to fit the life status of the Serf living there.
*There is also an ALTERNATIVE ROOF SERF'S COTTAGE available here for download. It has ALT R2 in the file name. This roof is ragged straw and wood, where as the other is cottage straw.
Lot Information for ALTERNATIVE ROOF is the same as the regular download. Only the roof is different and the water well has been lowered to accomodate the roof.
*Ermelind has other roof options available at her site here if you are interested:
*I purposefully left a HOLE in the roof in the kitchen area since this is the most basic of serf cottages. With Seasons, this will impact the temperature in your Sims home and allow rain to wet the floor in that corner of the kitchen and your Sims will be hot in that room when it's hot and cold when it's cold. If you don't want your Serf Sims to rough it this way, simply fill the ceiling tile in.
*The kitchen appliances are included. In the Gwrych lots, the refrigerator is typically invisible and can be found in a bucket of food under a counter. There is also an invisible dishwasher that is also located under a kitchen counter and accessed by clicking on the bucket of water beneath the counter. The Pot Belly stove by Numenor serves as both stove and trash compactor.
*There are lots of BARRELS in the game thanks to Sophie-David. Some are tables, others chairs, others purely decorative with neat clickable options. Still others are trash barrels. I suggest you click around and discovery how things work in the lot for yourself.
*In the kitchen, I purposefully turn one of the benches at the table facing the crystal ball television.
Enjoy the lot!
Lot Size: 1x2
Lot Price: 19,916
Custom Content by Me:
- Elemental - Stones 1
- Elemental - Stones 2
- Beach Grass Terrain 1
- Lichen 3 Terrain
- Medieval Terrain 14
- Gwrych Broken Wall E
- Medieval Wall 19
- Hovel Wall 12 by StephSim
- Hovel Wall 13
- Hovel Wall 14 by StephSim
- Tin Ceiling 173
- Medieval Floor 40
Custom Content Included:
- Medieval Serf Counter (Post 6) by Magick Modders
- Shabby Bedding by Calalily Sims 2
- Maxis Just A Door Recolor by Corvidophile at MTS
- Dark Wood Chest of Drawer and Table Recolour by DL Mulsow at MTS
- Stone Kitchen Sink Recolour by Mia at MTS
- White Dart Board Recolour by Macey at MTS
- Magazine Rack by Numenor
- Scroll Telephone by Hysterical Paroxysm at MTS
- Maxis Single Shelf Recolour by Kalimero at MTS
- Invisible Mini Fridge by Sophie-David at MTS
- Invisible Dishwasher by Sophie-David at MTS
- Trash Barrel Content: Apples, Potatoes and Wheat Recolours by Sophie-David at MTS
- Trash Barrel Exterior: Green, Grey Medium, Dark Oak and Old Oak Recolours by Sophie-David at MTS
- Targa's Supafridge Larger Capacity by Lord Darcy at MTS
- Bucket Toilet by [email protected] at MTS
- 2 Wood Walls (Grey and Brown) by G-Kristina at MTS
- The Water Barrel Shower by jbeach at MTS
- Lantern Red MESH & Black Recolour by -Maylin- at MTS
- Astzaun 2 - Wood Fence by Ermelind
- Double Floor Mattress by Atavera (retired) at MTS
- Single Floor Mattress by Atavera (retired) at MTS
- Baby Chick by Rebeca at MTS
- Strohdach 6 x 9 Roof (Mesh & Dark Recolour) by Ermelind
- DachAltUndKaputtStroh 6 x 9 Roof (Mesh & Grey Recolour) by Ermelind
- Crystal Ball TV by wintermuteai1 at MTS
- Medieval Floor - Stone by the Guild Masters (corvidophile) at MTS
- Weathered Dark Wood Floor by DL Muslow
- Hay Wagon (Seat) by feeEssen
- Simply a Hammer and Shovel by Hexameter
- Hen and Basket of Eggs by Tarox
- SmokeSentry SmokeSniffer 3000 by pfish at MTS
- Banya Broom by Jeka at MTS
- "Eponymous Garden" Potato by Kate at Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Mottleweed" Witches Broomstick by Kate at Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Pirate Bay" Build Set (Column, Door, 3 Windows) by Kate at Parsimonious Sims 2
- Decorative Mailbox Cover & Rustic Recolour by Parsimonious Sims 2
- "Winterwood" Table Lantern by Kate at Parsimonious Sims 2
- Mortar and pestle by Lethe_s
- Wallpaper Mask & Pelt 3 Recolour by Dark Project
- Medieval Mirror, Sink, Kitchen Bench by Tarox
- "Good Ol' Times" Coal Stove (UV) by Numenor
- Horizontal Magazine Rack Mesh by Numenor
- Antique Scroll Phone - BASE by Hysterical Paroxysm at MTS
- Decorative Puddle Master by Sophie-David at MTS
- Barrel End Table by Sophie-David at MTS
- Horizontal Sack Table MESH & Messy Recolour by Sophie-David at MTS
- Trash Barrel Master with Water, Simple Bucket, Storage Buckets & Decorative Barrels by Sophie-David at MTS
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?