Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 25th Sep 2010 at 9:44 PM - Updated 25th Sep 2010 at 11:55 PM by LifesLover - Viewed 10579 times. Direct link to this thread
12 Comments / replies (Who?) , 4 times favourited , 44 times thanked
Sometimes, a Sim just needs a place to relax. Get as far away from the city as possible, because sometimes, you just can't take the hustle and bustle. Choose this home, with its small home and spacious yard. You'll be so relaxed you'll never want to go back.
So, this was originally my entry for Round Four of the official MTS Foundation Contest. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the save and Sims3pack that the original house was in, so I had to re-build it just going by the pictures I had left of the house.
Honestly, I think it's even better than what I originally had. I swear, next upload won't be so... girly.
I play-tested this house for a week, fixing what needed to be fixing and such. I also worked on the garden during that time (only one plant died, yay!) There should be no routing errors, though I do warn you that if you suddenly stop your Sim, they may take some creative license in getting somewhere. The Sim will follow the path set in the stones and only that path. They won't go elsewhere. Also, for some reason, the newspaper likes to be dropped out next to the pond. I worked on it, but I don't know if I fixed it. I haven't played it since I fixed it. The garbage can is out on the back porch, since anywhere else would look weird and you can't step outside of the stones, causing mass routing failure.
Extra Pictures Here
There is no CC except for Store Content. You don't need the store content, it's just some decor in the garden, but it's free from the store, so....
STORE CONTENT NOT INCLUDED
Mr. Turnwillow from Riverview
Thanksgiving Floor Market by Louie's Market
The content is free, but even if you don't download, it won't lose much from the house.
Furnished: 44, 961
Unfurnished: 29, 488
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: Furnished: 44, 961
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 4.2.32.007
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!