Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 17th Jun 2010 at 12:44 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:00 PM by Nysha - Viewed 392716 times. Direct link to this thread
290 Comments / replies (Who?) , 248 times favourited , 1139 times thanked
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This tool needs to be updated to at least version 2.0 to be used with Generations or game version 1.22
This tool allows you to manage different game configurations.
It will allow you to create new game profiles with separate language setting and different EP and SP configurations.
Reasons to use:
AGS3 only runs under Windows, starting with XP. Windows XP users need the .Net Framework 2.0, if they don't have it already. It works in both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows.
It is compatible with every game version and every EP and SP and it should be even compatible with future EPs, as it just reads the installed games from the registry. You need the patch 1.12 or Ambitions if you want to use different mods for each profile. AGS3 Version 2.1 needs Generations or patch 1.22. If you run an earlier game version you should use AGS3 version 1.3 or 2.0.
It is meant to be used with the normal retail version of TS3, using the Origin version should work, too. I added experimental support for the Steam version, but I wasn't able to test this version and you will not be able to disable EPs with the Steam version.
AGS3 has to fake a different environment for the game. Please try not to power off the computer while an AnyGame is running, although the actions are fairly safe and the program will restore the game configuration the next time windows starts, if needed. If your documents path is outside of your user folder (for example your user folder is C:\Users\John\ and your documents folder is C:\Documents\ or D:\Documents\ instead of the default C:\Users\John\Documents\) you should either not use AGS3 or at least be cautious because in this case the documents folder needs to be changed temporarily for all applications. AGS3 will warn you in this case.
Advanced documentation about updates and development can be found in the first comment.
If you want to update AGS3, you can install it on top of the old version. The installer is prepared for that and first uninstalling is unnecessary.
How to use:
I uploaded a quick video to Youtube which covers the basics. You can view it here
If you have problems, don't simply uninstall AGS3. Give it a chance to repair the game setting first, simply by running it and maybe starting the default configuration. Rebooting your computer may also help. Please note that uninstalling doesn't remove your profiles. If you want to delete them, delete them before uninstalling, or delete the AnyGameStarter3-folder in your Documents folder after uninstalling.
Before you report problems, please look at the FAQ in the first comment. When reporting problems, please always include the complete version text (for example "2.2/2.en-US") from the about window and the "game detection log" which is put into the clipboard when you hit the "Environment Info" button in the same window. You may want to send it via pm to me as it can get rather large and it may contain some information about the files on your hard drive.
Numenor for the idea of the original AnyGameStarter.
Translated to German, Spanish, Swedish and Brazil. Portuguese by me, xXJuAnJi05Xx, Henek and renanfelipemac
If you want to submit your own translation or improve an existing, feel free to pm me.
This tool (except third-party-translations and some binary parts) is open source (New BSD License). You can download the source code here. If you want to submit patches feel free to ask me.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends you check the following: