Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 28th Feb 2010 at 9:14 PM - Updated 1st Mar 2010 at 12:11 PM by Flowerstar - Viewed 12155 times. Direct link to this thread
13 Comments / replies (Who?) , 5 times favourited , 85 times thanked
I've always liked the building part of the Sims 3. In the beginning i was very bad at creating those houses. Always jealouls of the people who are great at creating beautiful houses.
I take my challenges to recreate a house from a picture that also has interior floorplannings. Some houses do not turn up so well as the picture shows. But this is one of the houses that do turn up well! so i decided to share this creation for you and hope to get feedback on it!
The house is created with the latest patch installed and with the base game and world adventures.
It is a country house that is a bit in the Dutch style. It has a large living area with a nice fireplace and 3 bedrooms (1 master, 1 single bedded and a nursery). and 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite master)
In order to create this house with all content shown. I have used a few custom content items. These items are not neccesarily to download, but if you like to have the house as shown. please download the following items:
The Sims Store:
Full Bayside Set
Other Custom Content:
Luse Tiles by Hydroxide
Roof Recolor with white trims by Tammy Trauma
Chiffon Panel by SimcredibleDesign (item found in Downloads->Living room -> Page 2-> 1st Set)
Total cost of house:
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: 49.114
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 2.5.12.004
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!