Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh - Viewed 531168 times. Direct link to this thread
548 Comments / replies (Who?) , 450 times favourited , 1975 times thanked
What is this?
Welcome to the new tool. Clean Up Sims3packs Today! Also, raise dead. aka CUSTARD.
Also known as:
Clean Up Sims3packs - Totally Amazing Rubbish Detection (CUSTARD)
Clean Up Sims3packs Today And Revere Delphy (CUSTARD)
Clean up simspacks - totally automated rubbish detection (moar CUSTARD)
Clean up Sims3Packs today! Or die young.(CUSTODY)
Clean Up Sims3Packs Today! Advanced Research Division (Mmm birds eye...)
Clean Up Sims3Packs Today! Only MTS (CUSTOM)
aka CUSTARD: TO FIX UR PUDDINGS
(Thanks to Leesester, Davey and CN)
What does it do?
This tool is basically the "Clean" part of the old Sims2Pack that some of you may remember from TS2 days. It features the same functionality as the TS3 Dashboard, but works solely on Sims3Packs.
You can use it to basically "clean" your Sims3Packs, and also see if they have any corrupted packages inside.
NOTICE - Read this!
This tool is in ALPHA stage. This means that it might have bugs. This is NOT intended to be on general distribution and ONLY people who are willing to test the tool should be using it.
How do I use it?
Extract, open the tool. Open a Sims3Pack.
Uncheck stuff you don't want in the resulting file.
Save or Save As.
Note: You currently cannot right click a Sims3Pack and use Open With.
Note THIS TOOL DOES NOT INSTALL SIMS3PACKS INTO THE GAME.
.NET Framework 2.0
- Fixed bug where selecting ANY package file to be disabled corrupted the XML of the saved Sims3Pack, thus making the entire Sims3Pack unusable.
Fixed some bugs, but it's been so long that I can't remember which ones. Probably something to do with clearing the list up properly or something....
Fixed the following bugs:
1) Didn't actually remove anything from the Sims3Pack, just removed it from the XML.
2) Had errors in the DimX, DimZ and sizes. (Reporting negative log sizes)
3) Had errors in the other metatags.
4) Was missing PackageId and Date.
5) Didn't correctly remove Lot thumbnails
6) Was missing lotName
7) Was missing EPFlags
1) Object description appears in Description column
2) Button to uncheck all thumbnails
I'm mostly interested in using this to load as many Sims3Packs as possible, of all types and sizes, and seeing what the resulting file looks like in terms of 1) Does it work 2) What the filesize is and 3) If anything is missing.
Please use the Debug menu to dump the Raw and Generated XML and then up and upload the resulting file, to help me out.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: