Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 15th Sep 2009 at 9:47 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2009 at 1:24 PM by jonha - Viewed 79441 times. Direct link to this thread
19 Comments / replies (Who?) , 62 times favourited , 906 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
I think, the game lacks swimwear, so I decided to make some.
This first pack contains swimwear (and sleepwear) for children. I will probably release more uploads for teens and above.
This package contains:
-tight shorts for girls and boys as swimwear
-briefs for girls and boys as swimwear
(converted from girl sleepwear)
-bikini top for girls as swimwear
and as a bonus:
-briefs for boys as sleepwear (this is just the girl version converted for boys)
(converted from girl sleepwear)
All clothing items have proper bumpmaps and do not overwite existing clothing items. Selfmade parts use their own meshes and selfmade bumpmaps, converted parts use their original bumpmaps and meshes.
All parts have 4 prebuild and matching designs. Each gender has it's own design set. (No pink panties for boys.) Briefs have 2 recolorable color channels like the default girl briefs, the other have only one channel.
As usual. There are different packages in the file, you may choose any combination you want, they don't depend on another. I suggest installing everything.
The skin is selfmade, will be released when it's ready.
Delphy for the Other tools:
Inkscape, Gimp, Blender,
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: