Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 12:34 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:15 PM by Nysha - Viewed 62958 times. Direct link to this thread
47 Comments / replies (Who?) , 15 times favourited , 219 times thanked
The Sims 3 Core Mod Merger
Update version and documentation
This is a tool able to inject multiple Core Mods in a batch process.
This merge proccess is fast and really works. (The two sample mods provided injects code in the same method)
This tool will only be useful when (or if) modders agree in develop and distribute core mods in the expected format (dll + config xml).
So, if modders are interested, post your thoughts and injecion requirements here !
Detailed documentation on how to use and develop "mergeable" mods are anexed.
.NET 3.5 Definetly required !!
If you want make a quick test, just:
- Unpack the file into your <The Sims 3 Folder>\ModMerger.
- Running ModMerger.exe will run the batch proccess, merging the two sample core mods (PeeYourself, Instant Maximize) and generate a gameplay.package into the ..\Mods\Package folder. [WARNING - It will overwrite an existent gameplay.package in this folder]
- Running mergerAndRun.bat will merge mods and run the game
UPDATE: Posted source code
Uses s3pi .NET API
Uses Mono Cecil IL Instrumentation API
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: