Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:34 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:21 PM by Nysha - Viewed 319123 times. Direct link to this thread
307 Comments / replies (Who?) , 181 times favourited , 2581 times thanked
The Pattern Packager program allows you to add new Patterns (aka items that appear in Create a Style) to your Sims 3 game. Each Pattern can have up to 4 recolourable "palettes", which are defined on the Red, Green, Blue and Alpha channels of the source image.
How to use
Please read the tutorial located here: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Custom_Patterns
Please note! It is NOT possible to just download any old seamless pattern from the net and shove it in game. It WILL look bad and not work properly! You have been warned, and if I get any questions saying "I downloaded a pattern online and tried it and...." then I will find you and eat your pasta.
This program requires no installation - just unzip and run!
Requirements: .NET Framework 2.0
Please note: This program DID used to require .NET 3.5, however, with a large amount of coding I've been able to move back to .NET 2.0. This *should* allow it to run on Mono with one caveat: The squishinterface that I use is compiled for Windows only. I make absolutely no guarantees that this program will work as-is, but would be willing to work with somebody who programs or uses a Mac to get it to work.
Where do I put the saved packages?
Read this thread. Then put the packages in your Mods\Packages folder under the Sims 3 root.
- Switched to using MadScience.Helpers / MadScience.Wrappers instead of Gibbed
- Dropped back down to .NET 2.0
- Fixed bug with background colour dialog sending colour to palette 1 instead
- Changed Image Preview code to one inside MadScience.Helpers (much much faster)
- Removed FastPixel references
- Removed extra unused references
- Changed Image Preview so that it updates instantly without having to click the Image Preview button1
- Added new icon (Thanks to HystericalParoxysm and Jon)
- Removed licence form and switched to method included in MadScience.Helpers
- Removed extra DDSFile and DDSSquish files as they are compiled inside MadScience.Helpers anyway
- Re-arranged GUI to make palette colours larger
- Changed to auto-incrementing version system
- Removed extra System references and cleaned up Usings
- Changed build target to x86 instead of Any CPU
- Fixed custom specular map not working
- Added new colour picker
Version 1.3 adds the following features:
- Adds "Sims3Pack" option to the save dialog, allowing you to save patterns as Sims3Pack files
Version 1.2 adds the following features:
- Preview of your pattern using the selected colours prior to entering the game
- Ability to use a custom specular map (for shiny effects etc)
Version 1.1 fixes a bug with non-English OSs and writing out the colour conversion numbers - now all numbers should be properly formatted.
Get this version if you have a non-English OS.
Rick, for the DBPF libraries
HystericalParoxsym, for the great tutorial!
Inge Jones, Echo, Karybdis and Pescado, for the odd hints and tips.
Fatality, for the test on non-English OS
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. 3. Requirements: .NET Framework 2.0
4. Requires no installation - just unzip and run!
Need more information?