Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Mar 2006 at 3:05 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2012 at 8:26 PM by maybesomethingdunno : fixed keywords - Viewed 25553 times. Direct link to this thread
7 Comments / replies (Who?) , 4 times favourited , 59 times thanked
Okay, I wanted to do something different between upload submissions and this turned out fairly well in my opinion. I recolored the gorilla suit and mask from Open for Business.
Included is the skin and eyes, which is from Bink13y's Headless Sims set.
There is no other custom content; I did scan it to see. The eyebrows have been removed so that the Sim (inside the outfit) is completely invisible except for the fingertips which poke out of the outfit and complete the hand.
Now, I probably need to point out some things:
1. I set the suit just to the "Everyday" category because the mask, like the hats in the game, is only wearable whenever the "Everyday" outfit is worn (e.g. not when swimming). Changing when the mask is visible is beyond my modding capabilities at this time. You will simply get the short hair that the Sim underneath is wearing that will be transparent and without the head, thanks to Bink13y's work.
2. The mask puts two thumbnails in your custom hair section: one in which you will see the actual mask and the other shows the hair visible when the mask isn't worn. Both of these share the ToolTip that I set.
3. Due to the fact that it is a non-animated mask, good 'ol Bigfoot will be in a constant state of having his mouth open. He will never close that mouth. Remember there is a Sim's face where that mouth is....so, something like eating might look somewhat okay; while something like kissing will look odd (like the person is going to kiss the back of Bigfoot's throat or something).
4. And finally, in addition to being long-winded and forgetful, I'm sometimes am a bit lazy. This was one of those times: the mask has been recolored like this for all ages but only male; the suit is only available for male adults right now. Sorry.
Poor Pleasantview...having to put up with Don and his blurred video of this Sim walking around. :P
I prefer if you did not upload this elsewhere and/or claim this as your own, even though it is really a relatively simple creation. If you decide to use it in a story, movie, or picture, let me know (I may want to see it ).
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?