Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 15th Jan 2006 at 4:54 PM - Updated 25th May 2006 at 8:08 AM by IgnorantBliss - Viewed 53349 times. Direct link to this thread
41 Comments / replies (Who?) , 32 times favourited , 911 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
As requested by chantaecarter, here are remodeled 1-story windows based on the 2-story The "Light Pane" window by Maxis. There are three separate windows that you can combine in different ways. The square window has been resized to fit into one story. The smaller curved window is the same size as in the original window, and the bigger curved window is a full-length version of it.
Information about the windows:
- Catalog section: Single-story windows
- The windows also work on diagonal walls, unlike the Maxis 2-story original
- No expansion packs are required for these objects.
- The windows borrow their textures from the Maxis originals, including any recolors you may have for them.
- To recolor these windows, recolor the 2-story Maxis window. These windows themselves aren't recolorable (since they borrow the textures from the Maxis one).
- You can freely share the meshes along with recolors you make as long as the mesh file stays free to download at all times, and you post a link to this thread.
- The windows can be included in lot downloads at free sites.
- The vertex/polygon numbers:
* Square Window: 88 polygons/ 176 vertices
* Bigger Curved Window: 422 polygons/ 512 vertices
* Smaller Curved Window: 422 polygons/ 512 vertices
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?